News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Off to Sin city tomarrow...Vegas baby

Started by 70charginglizard, March 08, 2006, 11:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Well this is it. one more day and I'm off to Las Vegas for the Chrysler 400 race. Ye-haw! My first ever Nascar race live and in person.
Real excited and can't wait to be up in the stands with all the other rednecks.  ;D Oh wait a minute...I am a redneck. lol
Well anyway. I'm gonna be rootin and hollerin for my boy Kasey Khane so if any of you Nascar fans in here see me on tv, wave hi.  :icon_smile_approve:

I'm off.  :drive:
70charginglizard

bksfld68

Leaving myself on Friday, going to the Busch race on Saturday and Nascar on Sunday.  This is a fun event, get there plenty early cause the traffic backs up BAD!!!!!!!!!!  Looks like there could be some rain this weekend, a friend told me to pack some warm close to, said it could be in the forties.  Last year it was breezy but at least t-shirt and shorts weather.  Might luck out and get some better weather hopefully.

Where you staying?

Ryan

Ponch ®

Y'all have fun! I would have gone had I not already gone to the California race 2 weeks ago and were I not planning on going to Vegas for MATS in 2 weeks.

I strongly recommend you guys take the shuttles from the strip to the track...parking and getting in/out of the track  is HELL.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charginglizard

Quote from: bksfld68 on March 08, 2006, 11:24:49 AM
Leaving myself on Friday, going to the Busch race on Saturday and Nascar on Sunday.  This is a fun event, get there plenty early cause the traffic backs up BAD!!!!!!!!!!  Looks like there could be some rain this weekend, a friend told me to pack some warm close to, said it could be in the forties.  Last year it was breezy but at least t-shirt and shorts weather.  Might luck out and get some better weather hopefully.

Where you staying?

Ryan

Were going to be at the Excalibur. Should be awesome.

We also bought a weekend nascar shuttle pass so we don't have to deal with traffic. Figured that to be a good move.

Crossing our fingers for good weather. 

70charginglizard

Ponch ®

Quote from: 70charginglizard on March 08, 2006, 02:14:54 PM

Ryan

Were going to be at the Excalibur. Should be awesome.

We also bought a weekend nascar shuttle pass so we don't have to deal with traffic. Figured that to be a good move.

Crossing our fingers for good weather. 

The Excalibur is pretty good. That's actually where I stayed the last time I went to a NASCAR race in Vegas 3 years ago. As far as the weather...well, I had a bad experience with that (it started hailing during the Busch race on saturday, and we couldn't find our car in the parking lot), but looks like this weekend should be ok.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

greenpigs

QuoteThe Excalibur is pretty good. That's actually where I stayed the last time I went to a NASCAR race in Vegas 3 years ago. As far as the weather...well, I had a bad experience with that (it started hailing during the Busch race on saturday, and we couldn't find our car in the parking lot), but looks like this weekend should be ok

Wear a rubber just to be safe. ;)
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Shakey

Have a great time in Vegas.

I caught the race last year because I was in town for a trade show.

If you get hungry, go to Delmonico's in The Venetian.  The best steak in Vegas.

is_it_EVER_done?

Just be prepared!!!  It's going to be the coldest it's been all winter! Very strange since it's been in the 70's for months, but the news is predicting possible SNOW! :o

I wonder if it is not an "attack" by you East coasters (At least MATS is supposed to be back in the high 70's - low 80's). As for me, I will be comfortably tucked under my electric blanket while you "Rednecks" :yesnod: are freezing at the race!

bksfld68

I heard about the snow this morning potentially over there. Hope not.  The race is just another excuse for me to get to the tables and be waited on by a bunch of scantily clad women that are oh so happy to bring me drinks  :yesnod:, you would think I would have learned my lesson by now  :rotz:  Try not to think about how much those drinks really cost.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bksfld68 on March 09, 2006, 12:57:23 PM
I heard about the snow this morning potentially over there. Hope not.  The race is just another excuse for me to get to the tables and be waited on by a bunch of scantily clad women that are oh so happy to bring me drinks  :yesnod:, you would think I would have learned my lesson by now  :rotz:  Try not to think about how much those drinks really cost.

ummm...dude.. they should cost nothing.

bksfld68

The game plan is always to get paid to drink over there, but does not always work that way..................We will see this time.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bksfld68 on March 09, 2006, 03:36:35 PM
The game plan is always to get paid to drink over there, but does not always work that way..................We will see this time.

when I get thirsty, I bust out a quarter and start playing the 5 cent poker video machines. Next thing I know, the broad is bringing me an ice cold Bud. 

bksfld68

Nothing like having about 50 cents invested in your buzz  :icon_smile_big: