News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW ? Tune up cart thingie...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, October 10, 2013, 10:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Old Atlas tune up cart made into a torch cart...

How old is it ?

Is it worth anything ?

kab69440

I'd guess it's worth the used torch price plus $50-75.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Tilar

It would probably be cool for a garage if it were cleaned up. I'd guess it is probably 60's era.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Daytona R/T SE

Here' the deal:

I'm helping the bride's mother clean out the shop.

I thought this thing looked pretty cool.

I don't want it.

Some guys came over and bought the engine crane and stand

and were asking about the torch cart...

rt green

around here you have to put a deposit on the tanks. which is about four to five hundred bucks for 5 years. if you own the tanks like I do LUCKY YOU! the hoses and gadge set up is 50 to 75 used. 
third string oil changer

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

A383Wing

I think it's cool....I would not mind having it...I got my 2 tanks on one of those carts that looks like a hand truck...

twodko

I've never seen a shop cart like that. The first thing I thought when I saw/read your post was, "Mancave kegerater" . Tap poking outta of a stainless mini tabletop between those "shoulder" looking things. Polished up bright red and living in the MOPAR Mansion.
It could be made from a dorm room reefer. It's a unique item.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Daytona R/T SE

A383Wing

does it hold 2 tanks? I only see one in the pic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on October 11, 2013, 04:45:44 PM
does it hold 2 tanks? I only see one in the pic

It's got a little short tank next to the tall one.

I'll post some more pictures later tonight....

Daytona R/T SE

More pictures.

:scope:

A383Wing

damn..I like that little cart....has storage space also....   :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Drawer...

Daytona R/T SE

So...

How much should the Bride's mother ask for it? :shruggy:

A383Wing

If the tanks and everything goes with it, I would say $150 for all

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on October 13, 2013, 06:37:24 PM
If the tanks and everything goes with it, I would say $150 for all

Kinda what I was thinking.

She's thinking about moving back up here and is trying to sell a bunch of stuff.

rt green

150 bucks?  for a complete torch?????  tanks and all? WAY CHEAP!  you are talking at least 400 bucks. the tanks are the key. if you own the tanks outright then all you have to do is take them in and exchange them or get them filled. you don't have to worry about the deposit and having to renew the contract every 5 years. people know about the deposit deal and will pay dearly for the chance to own their tanks. otherwise the gasses company will want to know where these tanks are. I E- home or business?  plus you are talking a neat cart goes with it. the hoses and tip kit brand new [anything decent]  will run you 150 bucks.    don't sell it cheap.      bruce 
third string oil changer

rt green

I forgot- if you wanted your own tanks these days you are out of luck. they wont sell them to the public.  at least nothing that big.  that's why you have to lease them.
third string oil changer

ws23rt

I agree--Owning the tanks alone is worth more than $150.

odcics2

Tanks for all this good info!    :rofl:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?