News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear inner fender lip part...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, September 23, 2013, 03:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

as we all know the rear well inner-outer part is a curved lip in the 2nd gens. 

is it possible to use a wheel lip widener to push that metal outward more to fit wider tires in rear?

WHITE AND RED 69

I wouldn't try to push it out, it might crack the paint. Best thing if you are looking for an extra bit of room is either roll the fender lip in or just trim part of it so it doesn't stick so far in.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Troy

How wide of a tire do you need? You can fit 325s in the stock opening. You can also relocate the springs easily but I don't know if that really buys you a whole lot more room on a Charger.

Just modifying the wheel lip may not help since there's a "hump" in the wheel house that the tire generally rubs on first.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Troy on October 09, 2013, 10:51:39 AM
How wide of a tire do you need? You can fit 325s in the stock opening. You can also relocate the springs easily but I don't know if that really buys you a whole lot more room on a Charger.

Just modifying the wheel lip may not help since there's a "hump" in the wheel house that the tire generally rubs on first.

Troy

Troy,
That's what I was curious about was that inner hump to push it out more to fit a wider tire.

I was thinking 305/35/20 back there.  I have a 295/45 back there now......