News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater A/C blower motor

Started by ODZKing, September 03, 2013, 07:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

Has anyone ever tried a different blower motor in their Charger?   :scratchchin:
Before I got rid of it I bought a used motor for my 99 Dodge Ram.  I never used it, but I found it on the shelf and took a look at it after I removed it's plastic cover. It looks AMAZINGLY like the motor from my 73 with A/C.
Electricly, will it work?  I gotta believe it will blow faster than the older ones do.   :shruggy:

gibber

Hi Bob,

The rpm of the motor will help some, the other problem is the diameter of the blower wheel, and we can't change that. I picked up a replacement motor for my 66 Charger since the original one burned out. It does seem to move a bit more air at high speed...think the rated RPM is higher. If you can find the specs on the OE motor, bet you could find one that runs faster and will fit...12V is 12V, so any 12V motor that will fit or can be adapted would work I bet...

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

ODZKing

The wheel comes off the shaft on both. I could simply replace that. Will it blow the resistor though?

gibber

It shouldn't, as long as the motor shaft is the same it should work...
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com