News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The original Rock n Roll Animal wont be down for an encore

Started by Bob T, October 27, 2013, 04:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Just saw on the net that Lou Reed has died aged 71.
He was a pioneer and made some great music over a long period. Real strong stuff compared to alot of the modern crap thats peddaled these days

One of my favourite tracks would be Coney Island Baby, fantastic accompanying lead even though he didnt play that one.

Out to the garage later with the Tokai LP and play some Sweet Jane and Rock n Roll.

R.I.P. Lou  
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mytur Binsdirti

68X426

Original indeed, you called that right.

Lou was so cool, so under-rated, and frankly forgotten. Except for us old rockers.

Some trivia - he played bass for Roy Orbison at the first Farm-Aid concert. Great musician he was, great songwriter.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

J.Bond

Wow. sad news

First thing I did after reading this last night, was hit utube, and punched up the live version of Sweet Jane, always loved the intro!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Lou.........

Fred

You know, for some odd reason I thought he sang "Hit me with your rhythm stick" as well until they brought up all his songs on the news but didn't mention that. I realise now it was Ian Dury.
Frankly, the only song of Lou's that has stuck is "Take a walk on the wild side" I don't remember a single other.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

surmanajaja

Quote from: Fred on October 29, 2013, 07:28:04 PM
You know, for some odd reason I thought he sang "Hit me with your rhythm stick" as well until they brought up all his songs on the news but didn't mention that. I realise now it was Ian Dury.
Frankly, the only song of Lou's that has stuck is "Take a walk on the wild side" I don't remember a single other.
the song I associate most with him is "perfect day".

Fred

Quote from: surmanajaja on October 30, 2013, 12:53:24 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 29, 2013, 07:28:04 PM
the song I associate most with him is "perfect day".

Yes, it seems most of his fans do (according to the news report).

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68X426

From 1984, My Red Joystick. 29 years later and I'm still laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_bAMbU5vn4

The first bite of the apple made Eve smart
The second bite taught her how to break mens hearts
The third bite taught her how to strut her stuff
But she never got to the fourth bite, that says "enough is enough"

Enough is enough, baby, I've had enough of you
You can keep your dresses, you can keep your jewels
You can keep the color TV, those soaps just make me sick
All I'm asking you leave me is my red joystick

My red joystick, my red joystick
My red joystick, my red joystick

Eve kissed Able, that's how he got murdered by Cain
Abraham gave up his son, to keep his wife away
And even the Lord Almighty, speaking from the trenches to the pits
Spoke for all of mankind, when he said

Take the Porsche, take the kids
Take the stocks, baby, take the rugs
Take those roses from my poor heart wilting
But, please, please, please, leave me my red joystick

Leave me my red joystick
Leave me my red joystick
Leave me my red joystick

Eve drank apple cider, Eve brewed good apple wine
Eve cooked up stewed apples, knew how to have a good time
She came into the bedroom, raised her skirts up high
Said, "If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, baby, give me a piece before I die"

Hey, Eve take a bite of my apple, I know you think you're pretty slick
The one thing I ask you to leave me is my red joystick

My red joystick
My red joystick, baby, my red joystick

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bob T

Quote from: 68X426 on October 31, 2013, 12:32:32 AM
From 1984, My Red Joystick. 29 years later and I'm still laughing.

When I was 16 and at high school, there was a Norwegian guy I got friendly with, his family was transferred out for 3 years to work on a local steel mill build project. This guy was a cool cat and had older siblings and they were all right into music, just not mainstream stuff. He turned me on to Lou & the Velvet Underground, I'd never heard any of that stuff, certainly no one I knew listened to it or had even heard of their songs, even the radio stations only ever played Walk on the wild side and that was as far as it went.

This new tv station started up a 12'o clock rock series of live concerts at night and the first one was Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground,  Live in NY .
The Norwegian guy Ole Magnus recorded it for me onto tape 'cause he had some trick stuff and 28 years later I still have that tape and still listen to it now and then and am still impressed with what they did and how they did it.

He was definitely no saint but Hell, what a Rock Legend, outstanding in his field .

Super cool version of Sweet Jane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrMLt9bMd_I
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: J.Bond on October 28, 2013, 06:47:54 AM
Wow. sad news

First thing I did after reading this last night, was hit utube, and punched up the live version of Sweet Jane, always loved the intro!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Lou.........

First thing I did was play that on my guitar. That is one of the best song intro's ever.

J.Bond

Yup, it's been awhile,Thanks Bob, have never seen that clip , thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

The live intro, for some unkown reason, I remember something about the guitarist's, in the intro, were the two from Alice Coopers Welcome To My Nightmare tour?

maxwellwedge

Yup Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner and bassist  Prakash John (great Toronto bass player).....I think Alice stole them from Lou....or Bob Ezrin had something to do with it as he worked with Lou and Alice - I believe.

70moparman

RIP LOU ~ I love your first album, especially your song 'Sunday Morning' ~ just beautiful ~ Thanks for inspiring us with your music!