News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

E-T Classic 5 mags - I like them! Pics

Started by cougs, September 16, 2013, 04:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougs

I just received these.  I think they look nuts.  :2thumbs:  Love the forged high polished lips

15x10 with 5.5" BS (0 offset)
15x8 with 4.5" BS (0 offset)

I'll send more pics once I get them mounted.
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

myk

Nice wheels.  Now I know what design my wheels tried to rip off lol...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cougs

They're all technically a ripoff of the American Racing straight spoke Torq-Thrust wheel (like the VN309).  I hope somebody got fired from American Racing in the 60s when they decided not to get a design patent.  E-T, Fenton, etc. copied them right away.  IMO nothing says Muscle car like a set of Torq-Thrusts.  I considered going with American Racing for a couple minutes but they didn't have the sizes for the rear (except for the Torq-Thrust D but the rounded spoke looks funny to me).  American Racing makes their cast wheels in China but it didn't bother me.  

WHITE AND RED 69

Very Nice! ET makes some sweet looking wheels. I want a set of the LT-III wheels for my next project.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

Quote from: cougs on September 16, 2013, 05:07:55 PM
They're all technically a ripoff of the American Racing straight spoke Torq-Thrust wheel (like the VN309).  I hope somebody got fired from American Racing in the 60s when they decided not to get a design patent.  E-T, Fenton, etc. copied them right away.  IMO nothing says Muscle car like a set of Torq-Thrusts.  I considered going with American Racing for a couple minutes but they didn't have the sizes for the rear (except for the Torq-Thrust D but the rounded spoke looks funny to me).  American Racing makes their cast wheels in China but it didn't bother me.  

Ah, I see.  Well I could've gone with A-racing but at $300 a wheel or so I wasn't interested...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Scaregrabber

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Ghoste

A timeless wheel for sure.  Just out of curiousity, where are the ET's made?

68CoronetRT

I just did similar wheels on my car. Eagle Alloys and at 90 bucks a pop I couldn't resist. :2thumbs:

cougs

Quote from: Ghoste on September 18, 2013, 04:26:03 PM
A timeless wheel for sure.  Just out of curiousity, where are the ET's made?

They are made in Oakland, CA by "Scott" and his wife Jin.  They aren't cheap but they make some badass stuff

cougs

Quote from: Patronus on September 18, 2013, 04:10:34 PM
Love those with the flat center caps.

I want to run flat caps.  Need to find a shorter front hub dust cover.  I love flat caps, open lugs, and long wheel studs on the back

cougs

OK, I got them mounted yesterday.  Here are some iPhone pics.  I will post better ones this weekend.  I've brought my front down about 1/2" so far and will be bringing it down a bit more.  There is about 1/2" clearance off the leaf spring with the 295s.  Car tracks exceptionally well!

charge69

Those wheels and tires look super nice on your Charger! The front does look a little high. Bring it down about another inch and see if it looks right. The pictures of it now make the front look higher than the rear but, it just might be the camera. A slight rake would look really nice to me.

cougs

Quote from: charge69 on September 19, 2013, 06:13:27 PM
Those wheels and tires look super nice on your Charger! The front does look a little high. Bring it down about another inch and see if it looks right. The pictures of it now make the front look higher than the rear but, it just might be the camera. A slight rake would look really nice to me.

Thanks!  I had to jack up the torsion bars after I did my front disc conversion.  The discs with the -22 offset wheels I had were causing issues.  Now time to get it back down to where it should be.  Just doing it a little at a time to dial it in.  Then off to the alignment shop!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cougs

Thanks Chris!  I like the M/Ts!   They ride better than the BFGs I had. 

Back N Black