News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

74 charger rear springs sitting too far back

Started by belvedere65, September 25, 2013, 09:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belvedere65

Hey guys, my charger has super stock springs with the springs moved in. but the wheels sit kinda close to the rear wheel well. Has anyone had this problem? This is how the car was when I bought it. The previous owner gave me the info. I figured I may need new front spring hangers to center the wheels back but I'm not sure.

dangina

probelm with our cars is that our springs have a 22" front segment, every other body style including bbodies up to 70 use a 20" front segment. So the aftermarket just makes these springs. XHD, SS, hypercoil ect all use 20" front segment springs. Using the 2" hangers does able us to use the hangers in stcok location but I have found that it doesn't keep our wheels center in the wheel well. I find mine is about 1.5" towards the rear and I think its due to the mounting point on the spring for the rear diff. Its the only thing I can think of, its a bit annoying but Its all we have until someone starts making 22" front segmented springs..

HPP

Close to what part of the wheel well? Inner, forward, outer, rear? Pictures would help. If your springs have been moved in, anything is possible.