News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got Richard Petty and Dale Inman to sign my 'Bird clone last week.

Started by myaerocars, September 06, 2013, 08:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myaerocars

I was invited to attend a fund raiser for the North Georgia History Center here in Gainesville, Ga.  Richard Petty and Dale Inman  came as special guests.  Richard looked over my car and said he liked it. He signed the inside of the trunk lid. Then  Dale Inman came over and we talked for about 10 minutes about the race 'Birds and the wing angles  and so on. 

It was great to finally meet him. He was very kind and posed for a pic with my daughter and signed her autograph book.

Godspeed,
JON
Godspeed,
JON

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi68charger

That is awesome !!!  :2thumbs:  Good for you......... Man, having Mr. Petty and Mr. Inman in the same place at the same time with a Petty Blue Superbird, doesn't get much better than that........

Cheers,
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

WINGIN IT

Very cool, and great looking car you got there, very tastefully done  :2thumbs:

billssuperbird

Ghoste

Awesome.  All of his life Richard has remained one of the most gracious people in all of motorsports, even celebrities in general really.  It seems almost out of character for someone who was such a fierce competitor on the track.

Highbanked Hauler

WOW, good deal... :cheers:    We went to the  (racers reunion) at the defunct   Middle Georgia Speedway in Byron Ga.  on Aug. 31 and I was lucky enough to have Richard sign the glove box door on the 500.   I'll try to get a couple of pictures posted.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

PlainfieldCharger

:2thumbs:   Sweet! What a great addition to your car!! :cheers: More pics if you have em....

myaerocars

Here are a few more pics....

Dale Inman signs the lid while Richard looks on .

Richard walking over to the 'Bird to sign it. Picture from the Gainesville Times website. I was handing him a marker but as you can imagine, he comes prepared.  ;)

That is all for now. It was fun to actually DO something with my car after all these years. I mean, I drive it around town, take my daughter to school in it and go to a few shows once in a while. But this was special.  I heard Pete Hamilton lives somewhere in north Atlanta, perhaps I can track him down next.  Plus, Cale is very high on my list of people I would like to meet.
Godspeed.
JON

Daytona Guy

Someday70

Aero426

Pete is back up north, last I heard.   Yes, he was in the Keys.

:cheers: :2thumbs: On getting Richard and Dale to sign your car.

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner