News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro Bird nose cone

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, September 03, 2013, 09:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Can anyone give me any info on the quality and price of the repro nose cones from Gene Gregory?

This is regarding my friend's Superbird with the flattened beak.

Thanks.  :2thumbs:

Aero426

I've never heard anything bad about Gean's stuff.   The nose I saw a couple years back looked nice. 

DAY CLONA

Better hurry, Gene's selling out and packing up for Florida last I heard, selling out what's left, i don't think his Daughter is going to continue his business, as the building is currently for sale....

And Jack McGaughey (www.wingcarfab.com) recently passed away, so nothing from his shop either....

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

1970Moparmann

Quote from: maxwellwedge on September 03, 2013, 12:23:16 PM
Not a re-pop but if it was my car I would grab this..... http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/SuperbirdNOS_cfs.htm

I would grab this one.   :2thumbs:

Or, Gene has a few left for asking $7,500.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

C5X DAYTONA

Dirtyrag,  and the quality on the original noses were good?     :lol:    A buddy used one of Gene's Daytona noses and it fit very well.    :Twocents:    But for 14k,  I'd purchase the original NOS one posted above.  It real and so is the bird that needs one.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Speedfreak

I kind of agree, NOS is the way to go.  Isn't insurance paying for it, or is this out of pocket?

I would not mind picking up an NOS Daytona nose for a comparable price if I found one, got a feeling one day I will need it with the drivers around here.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 03, 2013, 11:44:05 AM
What about Rick Fairless

IIRC....he was just reselling Gene's nose cones, not producing them

DAY CLONA

Seems Gene's price has gone up about $2K on SB nose cones, I will say that his Superbird cone is much better than the Daytona cones he was producing as far as fit/finish, but as we all know, even NOS wingcar parts sometimes leave a lot to be desired as far as the fit/finish, I've had/seen my share of NOS that required a good amount of work to use, it's like anything with these cars, their nature of construction makes each one a little unique, I've had quite a few customers send me Gene's wingcar stuff over the years, all pretty much decent stuff, needing minor tweaking...IMHO I wouldn't hesitate to use his SB cone, he also offered various other nose internals, all of which were of very nice quality/fit/finish...the latch trays he started offering just a few years ago were really nice......but I have heard from a few guys as of recent, that whatever they got in the way of any repro parts, wingcar or not, Gene said that was it...

here's Gene's current ad, the price might be bumped up because it might be the last one left?...who knows, but you know the old motto, "he who snoozes, loses"