News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Digital Clocks

Started by John_Kunkel, August 21, 2013, 01:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

The "why is 440 better" thread got me to thinking, when I look at a digital clock and see a number like 4:40 or 4:26 I immediately think of some number in my life that that number relates to....engine displacements, gear ratios even street addresses or numbers of buildings I used to work in. Never did that with analog clocks.

Am I alone? Am I weird?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JB400

You're normal in my book.  I used to do the same thing when I was younger and couldn't sleep.  I'd just lay in bed and wait for a certain time to show up.  My favorite was 12:34 and other times 1:23.

duanesterrr

Crazy game I play.  When there are 4 digits (not counting 0) on the clock, I try to find a mathematical way to get to the number 24.

So for instance consider 11:37.  That would be (7+1)x(3x1) = 24 OR (7-1)x(3+1) = 24.  I used to play this game all the time when I was a kid trying to find every different possibility.  For 4 and 9 you can use square roots.

You can also pick 4 cards out of a deck eliminating the face cards and Aces

And you wonder why I became an engineer?

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 21, 2013, 01:25:34 PM
You're normal in my book.  I used to do the same thing when I was younger and couldn't sleep.  I'd just lay in bed and wait for a certain time to show up.  My favorite was 12:34 and other times 1:23.

I just look at the clock, realise it's not time to get up yet and try to go back to sleep.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ws23rt

I do that all the time. To this day when I see 9:03 on the clock I remember my Kawasaki Z1900 (903cc) I still have it.
And for me April 26th is hemiday.  BTW it is hemi time twice a day.
March 92nd for 392 never came up however  :'(

flyinlow

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 21, 2013, 01:17:44 PM

Am I alone? Am I weird?

No.  Maybe . :lol:

Wife' birthday 7-10  ....oil cap upside down

My birthday  5-7.......Hemi

Buddy's birthday  4-26 .....Chevy guy what a waste.

Old Moparz

Seeing a digital number & relating it to an engine size, a date on the calendar, etc., seems normal. It's when you sit there resetting the clock over & over & over to a time just before that key number pops up so you can relive that special moment over & over & over is when you have issues.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

6spd68

Growing up a Ford kid, 302 comes up a lot :icon_smile_tongue:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

JB400

Quote from: 6spd68 on August 22, 2013, 02:54:37 PM
Growing up a Ford kid, 302 comes up a lot :icon_smile_tongue:
I could see where you'd like that number while you was in school

6spd68

Indeed, then I grew up, and bought a grown man car  :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

ws23rt

People have come up with names for everything.
OCD could be used to describe how we relate number sequences to memories.  Although the disorder part is wrong.
We all have OCD.  Just look at how we are about chargers :yesnod:

68CoronetRT

I too seem to look at the clock and almost daily I see 4:40 (My favorite engine!). And oddly enough when I was building my engine and all I was thinking about was 440 engines, I would wake up @ 4:40 exactly, look at my clock, realize its too early to get up and go back to sleep for an hour. Very weird how our minds work sometimes.

To this day I almost dont even need an alarm clock, I just wake up 1-5 mins before it goes off. I cant even remember the last time it went off to wake me up.

bull

You are weird but you're not alone. :2thumbs: