News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

got rust ? 69 charger $3,000

Started by GOTWING, August 22, 2013, 08:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Unless its a hemi car, or some super rare R/T once the rails break off and springs go threw the trunk, torsion bar member rots off its crushing time. With all the work just on the exterior shell of my rusty 70 I can't imagine having to change out frame rails ,spring perches and all that stuff too.

HOTROD

Reminds me of styrofoam cup a gasoline !!!
What the Hell-Dumass !

Charger440RDN

How many cans of primer did he use? I hate when people paint over rust like that with primer.

Benji

I don't see any rust on the glass!  I'd say $65,000 worth of work and she'll be as good as new..............and worth $35,000.  :icon_smile_big:

Benji

miller time

i like the autozone lift shackles on the rear, i bet someone wanted to run big ole drag slicks until the frame and rear broke, i seriously doubt they were installed after the frame broke, twice

Stevearino

You can't tell from the pictures even if there are any parts on this car to call it a parts car. Some stainless trim. The glass could be scratched for all anyone knows. No weather striping to speak of. Does anyone think the dash sub assembly is solid with the rest of the car looking like this. If the bottom of the outside of the doors is rusted chances are the inner door structure is not in great shape. Window regulators are probably there but seized up. I'm sorry I am running out of actual parts to criticize.

myk

So...how does serious damage like that usually happen, anyway?  Hill-billy-rigged parts?  Corrosion?  Stress over time?  A combination of those factors and others? 

richRTSE

after seeing some of the work people on this site have done with some pretty rusty cars/shells, I've learned to never say never...but whoever buys this car is gonna need this too...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,104163.0.html

ChargerD100

every time I see cars like this pop up it makes me feel better about mine, its nowhere near road worthy but damn im grateful I got what I got...
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html