News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You Think Muscle Car Prices Are Insane?

Started by John_Kunkel, August 18, 2013, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JB400

Pocket change.

Honestly, didn't even know anything about that particular car until you mentioned it.  I guess I got to hit the history books.  Thanks for sharing :cheers:

rt green

wow. just wow. that's one hell of a midlife  crises.
third string oil changer

Aero426

No midlife crisis, but it is a lot of beer and pizza.    That is just a serious collector stepping up to buy something that is otherwise made of unobtanium.    AND, at the time of the sale, it was complete, but not in running condition.      

Ghoste

I drove the second most valuable across the block last night for 25 million.

myk

Cooter

Momma said that a person only needs spend enough money to live comfortably. The rest is just for showin off"
Gotta love rich folk. Tis good to spend money like that on a non-running car, when there's folks losing homes and sh*t.
Good to be king I guess.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Marck

Quote from: Ghoste on August 18, 2013, 08:40:56 PM

I just read about that in a Danish newspaper.. Insane amount of money imo.. But for some people I guess it's not that big a deal..  :shruggy:

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on August 18, 2013, 08:40:56 PM

You are now famous!   :cheers:

Ghoste

Incidentally, the entire proceeds from the sale of that Ferrari went to charity.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Cooter on August 19, 2013, 05:40:31 AM
Momma said that a person only needs spend enough money to live comfortably. The rest is just for showin off"
Gotta love rich folk. Tis good to spend money like that on a non-running car, when there's folks losing homes and sh*t.
Good to be king I guess.

True - So the big question is......what is everyone's comfort level?   :scratchchin:   ;)

Ghoste

I'm sure to the average peasant farmer living in the third world, pretty much anyone living in the USA with a house, a job and two or three cars would seem like a king too? :shruggy:

Marck

Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2013, 10:20:32 AM
Incidentally, the entire proceeds from the sale of that Ferrari went to charity.

The article mentioned the proceeds going to charity.. Still a ton of cash to spend on a car.. Allthough i was a pretty spectacular machine..

myk

Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 19, 2013, 10:44:56 AM
Quote from: Cooter on August 19, 2013, 05:40:31 AM
Good to be king I guess.

True - So the big question is......what is everyone's comfort level?   :scratchchin:   ;)

Honestly, I could live comfortably on $50K a year.  That would leave enough scratch to tend to the Dodge and other miscellaneous but clearly "non-essential" expenditures.  The rest would be for just showing off or living in excess, but don't get me wrong; people who attained that level of wealth legally have earned the right to live that way...

JB400

A person's comfort level is going to be different depending on location.  Where I'm at now, I would be fine with $20k/yr. were as if I was up close to Stu, I'd have to have close to $40k.  That's just the difference of 120 miles.   :Twocents:

Mike DC

I would take every cent I could get.  Once I got finished padding my own lifestyle I would start trying to change the world with it.  Billions, trillions . . . there's no limit to what I would try to make use of. 

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2013, 11:23:48 AM
I'm sure to the average peasant farmer living in the third world, pretty much anyone living in the USA with a house, a job and two or three cars would seem like a king too? :shruggy:

Yeah, it's all relative; I remember seeing a story about the time frame that Uncle was offering a $25M reward for Saddam. They interviewed a Baghdad small store owner and asked what he'd do with the $25M, his reply was "I would use it to buy more inventory to sell in my store"....IOW some folks just can't grasp the concept of obscene wealth.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

myk

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 19, 2013, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2013, 11:23:48 AM

Yeah, it's all relative; I remember seeing a story about the time frame that Uncle was offering a $25M reward for Saddam. They interviewed a Baghdad small store owner and asked what he'd do with the $25M, his reply was "I would use it to buy more inventory to sell in my store"....IOW some folks just can't grasp the concept of obscene wealth.

How does that one saying go?  If you own a t.v., a car, a stereo or whatever-else, you're already one of the wealthiest persons on the planet? 

Budnicks

Fools with their money....  :brickwall:  It's freaken' cool, but not $29 million + cool...  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

myk

Quote from: Budnicks on August 19, 2013, 03:18:37 PM
Fools with their money....  :brickwall:  It's freaken' cool, but not $29 million + cool...  :Twocents:

Eh, it's no different than politicians and other people in power throwing around BILLIONS, TRILLIONS of dollars and affecting countless people.  At that level you tend to forget what those numbers and all of the little pennies that add up to those amounts actually mean...

Budnicks

Quote from: myk on August 19, 2013, 03:23:04 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on August 19, 2013, 03:18:37 PM

Eh, it's no different than politicians and other people in power throwing around BILLIONS, TRILLIONS of dollars and affecting countless people.  At that level you tend to forget what those numbers and all of the little pennies that add up to those amounts actually mean...
:hah: Amen to that brother....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks