News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which throttle plate?

Started by 2Luke2, August 19, 2013, 03:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Luke2

So on our 440 we have the performer RPM intake. We have a few questions hopefully someone can help us out with.

1.  Which throttle adapter do we need in order to hook up our throttle cable?

2. Do we need to measure our current throttle cable for proper size or since we didn't remove/replace it should it work?

3. Do we need throttle return springs for our proform 950 race series carb?

4. Last one for now... is it normal for the gas pedal to be on the floor when not hooked up? Is there supposed to be some kind of stop behind the pedal to stop carb damage. If so what kind of stop?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions. We are getting closing to firing her up for the first time after we battle through finding the right place for the MSD box.

John_Kunkel

1) If you mean the throttle lever adapter, get the Holley #20-7

2) If the cable was previously hooked to a 4-barrel it should work.

3) Yes. Absolutely, two would be better.

4) Yes, the weight of the pedal will drop it to the floor with no spring attached. In most installations the carburetor is the pedal stop at WOT.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

2Luke2

Thank you very much for he response John, We were actually looking for the throttle cable bracket that holds the cable in place and is attached on the intake. We found it at Mancini so that should be here this week. Ron recommended that bracket you mentioned and we have that installed now. We are good to go on the cable then. We will definitely get a couple springs are they different rates or is there a certain size/rate spring I'm trying to attain? Does it make the pedal harder to push down with the bigger spring?

Thanks again John! Back to wiring for us!

John_Kunkel

You can find springs that fit inside each other, if one fails the other is a backup. More springs means more pedal pressure but it shouldn't be objectionable.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/15279/10002/-1?parentProductId=756839
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

2Luke2

Thanks again John. We ordered a double spring from Amazon should be here tomorrow.