News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct dash paint

Started by Brock Lee, August 15, 2013, 02:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Lee

For those looking for the correct paint for their dashboards, I recently used autocolorlibrary.com. They still mix the correct lacquer finish with the correct "suede" texture. Just search out the color chart, find the color name and number, select a lacquer based paint, and be sure they mix it as a suede finish. I am very, very happy. I have also used them for organosol, which is also lacquer based and they mix it so it has the correct texture.

69chargerboy

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 15, 2013, 02:07:37 PM
For those looking for the correct paint for their dashboards, I recently used autocolorlibrary.com. They still mix the correct lacquer finish with the correct "suede" texture. Just search out the color chart, find the color name and number, select a lacquer based paint, and be sure they mix it as a suede finish. I am very, very happy. I have also used them for organosol, which is also lacquer based and they mix it so it has the correct texture.

I bought my dash paint from MoPaints. I don't know if they are still around. This is supposed to be the "correct" paint. It has a light texture to it.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup