News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tranny leaking

Started by Lee A, July 28, 2013, 06:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee A

I have a 727 tranny in my 68 charger and oil was leaking out the end so I put a new seal in drive shaft side and now it's leaking again is there another seal inside
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Cooter

ALOT of things can cause a leak where you describe. First off, check to see if the bushing in tail shaft isn't worn out causing driveshaft to move around.

Also, you will NEVER stop a leak there. It will always have a drip or two, but shouldn't be pouring out. Remember, this is old skool tech. Due to design, these engines/trans' do tend to drip every now and then.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ACUDANUT

Lee A

1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

ottawamerc

Like Cooter said, you can change the seals till the cows come home but the cause is likely a worn bushing but while youre at it make sure the nose of the drive shaft isnt worn too where the seal contacts. :yesnod:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!