News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Strange shift pattern

Started by Dino, July 22, 2013, 06:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I took the charger out for a test drive yesterday after tweaking a few things.  Everything worked fine, better than ever. but it takes the trans longer to shift in 3rd and when it does it's not as smooth as it was before.  When I bring it up to speed at a steady pace, it stays in gear until I reach near 60 before shifting in 3rd.  It used to do that a little bit sooner and smoother.  The jolt is not bad by the way, just more noticable then it was before.  I haven't done anything to the trans but did play with the linkage on the carb so what did I screw up this time?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

The throttle pressure valve.  (the adjustment for it anyway)

Dino

Aww I probably never reset the linkage after swapping the TQ back for the eddy.  Well that should be an easy fix!  (Famous last words)  :lol:

fy469rtse

that's what I love about this site , even if it should be obvious, its like having your friends in the garage with you bouncing idea's that didn't come to mind without them , always good back up , so was it an easy fix Dino

Dino

Yep!  Took the rod off and turned it a bit to give me that 1/8" clearance and it runs and shifts as it should again.  I drove it in to work this morning and it runs better than it ever has.  

But now with the eddy it's stinking of fuel again (not to mention loss of power vs the TQ).  I will be redoing the TQ this weekend and once it runs as I want it to....I'm putting the car up on stands to do some mods!