News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10w-30 55 gal drum

Started by Dmichels, May 30, 2013, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

Anyone here price a 30 or 55 gal drum of motor oil? Is there any savings in buying bulk oil? I am not looking for anything special. I was looking around on the net and did not see any great deals on name brand oil but things got cheep with some brands I never heard of MAG 1?? and KOI????
Thanks
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

ws23rt

Do you have a lot of cars that burn or leak oil? ::) I have all but given up on changing oil at home. Not that it is so much a chore but to recycle is a pain.
Sorry I am not answering your question. :shruggy:

Dmichels

My wife and I drive a lot About 500 miles a week. That's a lot of oil changes. Plus my father, step son stop buy for an oil change hear and there etc. Got a waste oil heater in the shop so recycling is easy.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

ws23rt

Waste oil heater sounds like a great idea. My son is a regional manager for jiffy lube. I will ask the question. Should be a savings in bulk if you can find someone to sell to a non dealer.

Tilar

I buy it in bulk for the farm but the only advantage is the convienience of having it around. Not much in the way of savings anymore unless you catch it on sale from the distributor.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Aero426

This question came up on Moparts recently and the answer from a distributor was "no", there was not going to be a savings.    One 55 gal drum is nothing quantity-wise.    You are still better off buying whatever is on sale with the rebate at "Farm & Fleet", or wherever the best deal is.

Also, on those real off brand oils you've never heard of, it has been mentioned that there is little to no accountability to know what you are actually getting in the bottle.    

Dmichels

Yeah that's what I figured No great savings The gal at the NAPA told me I would save $2 if I bought 5 quart bottles instead of the JUG go figure? Now off to find if I can save on oil filters by the case
Thanks all Happy driving
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Aero426

You can price out some Wix filters here.    I have ordered in the past with good results.  

https://www.filter1.com/moparts

Use coupon code "Moparts" and it will calculate additional discount at the end.

Free shipping if order is over $50.    

The 51515 big block Mopar filter comes out to $4.11 after discount.   Not bad for a quality filter.    

Silver R/T

Looks like you can order a 55 gal drum of oil at your local auto parts store http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Conventional+-+10W-30/N0425/C0162.oap
I usually buy case of oil at local General Store @ 2.45/qt
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722