News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front brake rotor part numbers please... confusion reigns...

Started by K9COP, May 21, 2013, 02:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9COP

Hi guys. My car is a 1969 build, 1970 registered (probably!  :shruggy:) Charger with a 440 and a four speed in it. The previous owner added the 11" factory front disc brakes, which are great, but I wanted to upgrade the rotors. I bought 11" drilled and slotted rotors, but they don't fit. I just spoke to my mechanic and it appears the won't tighten down onto the spindle, leaving a 1/2" or so of free play. Given this, my question is, 'is there a part number on the original rotors that I can get to gain specs off to order the correct dimensions replacement rotors?

I accept that I don't know the origin of the disc conversion, hence the need for a part number, or a resource with the rotor dimensions that I can compare to what I have.

thanks guys,

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

John_Kunkel

You need to know which spindle (knuckle) you have; measure the length of the spindle shaft from the tip of the threads to the plate mounting surface then measure the diameter of the two bearing mount surfaces.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.