News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd gen trunk light location

Started by Ghoste, February 15, 2014, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

While I'm asking about locations for electrical items, I also need to replace the lamp housing in my trunk lighting.  Where does the housing go in a 69?

bill440rt

It's underneath the plenum under the deck filler panel on the driver's side. It is closer to the trunk opening, not far from where the switch mounts on that tab on the driver's side.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Should I expect to find a hole pre-drilled there or were they kind of an "approximate" thing on the line?

bill440rt

I would think it would have been a pre-drilled hole, not something that would have been done on the line. It's only a 1/8" hole for a sheetmetal screw.
Here, found this thread.  :cheers:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=92536.0
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

HeavyFuel

Here's the '68 location.

myk

Oh, so it IS supposed to go there lol.  I just thought one of the previous owners just randomly screwed it in there...

Ghoste

It's a safe location for it when you think about it.