News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

E-body Brake Main Combination Valve

Started by hemi68charger, May 17, 2013, 02:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang,
I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to run it by ya'll before I have money slapped down on the table.

I'm "trying" to bleed my friend's '71 Challenger equipped with front disc brakes. I have fluid pressure to the front calipers, but nothing coming out of the rear outlet port of the distribution valve. I've taken the valve out and disassembled it and cleaning it out as best I could. I put it all back together and once again, I get nothing out of the rear brake port on the distribution block. The master cylinder is new and bench bleed. If I'm getting fluid to the front but nothing to the rear, I'm guessing the distribution box is hosed? I do get fluid movement and squirting out of the master cylinder, so I know it is working.

And, there is fluid entering the inlet port of the valve. I double checked it by loosening it up to verifying the valve, at least, is getting fluid. If push comes to shove, Jaime at MegaParts has the new valves..

Your thoughts?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

John_Kunkel

Remove the electric switch and look into the opening to make sure the differential piston is centered...if it isn't, use a screwdriver to do so.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Musicman

:iagree: Some hydraulic safety switch designs will block the fluid flow to the rear when activated.

hemi68charger

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 17, 2013, 04:11:32 PM
Remove the electric switch and look into the opening to make sure the differential piston is centered...if it isn't, use a screwdriver to do so.

I took the complete valve assembly out and took it apart to clean/inspect the guts. The piston came out and there's really only one way to put it back in. Not sure what's going on, but it's a mute point now. We ordered a new proportioning and disc brake metering valve. So, everything in the brake system will be new......

Thanks all......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection