News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

battery choice

Started by 71green go, May 15, 2013, 08:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

I need a new Battery for my charger....what are you using?.......new maintenance free or?

Hard Charger

think they are all maint. free. just made to look old

71green go

Cant find a local supplier for a Vintage looking one.....so may just have to buy an AC Delco..or?....
Does anyone swear by the GEL batteries?

Hard Charger

Gel

is that like the optima batteries?

A383Wing

Interstate in all mine...the one in the black 66 has lasted 10 years now...still going

Bryan

71green go

I went and looked at the Interstates batteries, and they were Green and white.....stood out like a sore thumb, they had another series that was white with black top........neither visually appealed to me..
So I went to the Chrysler dealer and bought a Mopar Performance Battery...All Black and says Mopar on it at least...Its 750 CCA ....and for a truck....Was $155 plus tax, ah well

471_Magnum

Last couple batteries I've purchased have been from OReilly.  They're black and the only brand identification on them is an easily removed sticker.

Other than the reproduction batteries, seems everything else out there is pretty obnoxious looking.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Budnicks

I use Optima's Red {& yellow top in my diesel} in all my vehicles now, pricey & don't look like a restoration battery, but I don't care, because they last longer than anything else I've ever used, hands down....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Budnicks on May 18, 2013, 02:13:20 PM
I use Optima's Red {& yellow top in my diesel} in all my vehicles now, pricey & don't look like a restoration battery, but I don't care, because they last longer than anything else I've ever used, hands down....

Same here.  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

sears platinum i had them in my last 3 cars here in phoenix heat  and did not have to replace it after one year like most batterys that and it has a 120min reserve if that means anything.

Chryco Psycho

Optima Red top , last one I had went 13 years  :2thumbs:

Fred

Odyssey ........the best battery money can buy.   :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68CoronetRT

Odyssey has the best battery on the market currently for a gel battery. but not cheap. :2thumbs:

Optima USED to be a great company, they sold out and are producing in Mexico now and the quality has gone in the tank(Ask me how I know). :icon_smile_dissapprove:

My car has an OLD style optima and cranks fine after 2-3 months of sitting. Gonna run it till it dies and then get an Odyssey.

And if you a cheaper version of the Optima you get the Sears Diehard Platinum, they contract Odyssey to produce their battery's with a Sears logo on it, for a little less money.

:cheers: