News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do I have a new problem in my TF 727 after repair???

Started by mhinders, May 09, 2013, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhinders

Started today collecting bits and pieces to reassemble the 727. It has got all bushings new, and much will internally be replaced with performance parts .

I discovered that the workshop replacing the bushings has run a tool a bit too deep into the inner end of the input shaft. In the pics attached you see that it's the junction between the input shaft and the output shaft.

Will try to study the docs I have to try to understand if there is a specific function here...and if the function has been compromised by the tool going too deep...I seem to remember that there was a ball-shaped thing before the tool hit it and shaved off 1mm or so?
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

John_Kunkel

That's a ball bearing used to plug the end of the shaft....since its only function is to act as a plug, any damaged to it won't affect operation.

Likely they used a tap to extract the old bushing and the end of the tap caused the marks on the ball.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mhinders

Thanks a lot John.
It's a relief to know that I can continue the assembly!  :cheers:
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection