News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad news long time wingcar guy and owner had passed on Mike Partridge

Started by moparstuart, April 28, 2013, 05:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Forwarded to me by Mike Svec

Sorry to be writing you like this but I wanted to let you know Mike passed away Friday after a brief but intense illness.  He'd been dealing with pneumonia for a few months but was recovering.  Apparently though, he had also picked up a fungal infection which I was told can stay dormant for years so there's no way of knowing where he picked it up.  The pneumonia brought it to life. Even after responding to treatment for a few days, it took over his body. Finally, his lungs and heart just gave out.

He was so hoping to see you guys in June but our Lord had other plans for him.

I would appreciate it if you could let folks know. I don't know how to reach a lot of them.  Haven't been able to connect with Sue to let her know but I'm sure she will put it in the newsletter.

If you should find yourselves in this part of the world, give me a call and perhaps we could hook up somewhere.  My legs aren't very good and I can't drive much but maybe we could work out something.

Love

Joyce
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Stu, thanks for passing this on. As awkwardly as it may sound, anyone have a picture with Mike, I can't place his face. Maybe I have came across him in past Aero Meets.

I'll say a prayer for Mike and his family....

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 28, 2013, 05:27:27 PM
Stu, thanks for passing this on. As awkwardly as it may sound, anyone have a picture with Mike, I can't place his face. Maybe I have came across him in past Aero Meets.

I'll say a prayer for Mike and his family....

T
Please say a prayer for joyce as she has alway been in poor health since i Have known here .  It will be very hard on her with out mike .

Speedfreak

I have no idea who he is, has he posted here under what name?  Regardless, I am awfully sorry to hear something like this.  Just when you look like you turn the corner something happens, similar to when my father passed.  My prayers will be with them.

Aero426

Very sorry to hear this.   Mike and Joyce are good people and have been involved with the wing car hobby since the beginning in the mid-70's.      I don't think they have been quite as active in recent years. 

nascarxx29

Sorry to hear that .Wasnt he the guy with yellow Superbird from MI
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

WINGR

Very very nice people, so sad to hear.

Thanks for letting us know.

WINGR/Steve

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

pettybird

Mom, my sister and I all have great memories of Mike and Joyce.  Dad was always able to con them into showing up at his mini meets, and we spent quite a few nights at their house when we had no money for anything other than fuel to get to car shows.  Joyce spent more than a couple meets helping mom keep tabs on me when I'd run off, and Mike was regularly wrangled into helping dad fix our oft broken B5 car.   Stewart is right that Joyce had plenty of health issues and they had been away from the clubs recently more than they had attended...I believe the last meet they went to was Frankenmuth.  if you have copies of either club newsletter from the seventies and the eighties you'll find them and yellow car.  Mike and Ed George were great ham radio buddies, and Mike was a walking encyclopedia of NASCAR knowledge.  

It's sad when a member of the old guard passes.

pettybird

moparstuart

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on April 28, 2013, 10:47:48 PM
This was the  Rapid City meet in 2006

Thanks for the photo Doug. I do believe I've crossed paths with them in the past. Sad indeed...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dave Kanofsky

Prayers sent for Joyce, and all of Mike's family and friends who will surely miss him.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

WINGIN IT

Sad to hear, my condolences to the family.

Nice pic of Rushmore in the back, very cool  :2thumbs:

pettybird

Mom and I called Joyce last night, and she's calm...the shock still hasn't passed yet.  The 'bird sold earlier this spring, so she doesn't have to worry about that. 

Mike's family has shown a lot of support for her, and she has friends in the area.  I asked her about coming to the meet this year, and she shot that down right away.   They picked up a '79 300, and that's a cruiser, but she's not up to trips any more. 

If anyone would like her contact information to send a note, please PM me.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on April 30, 2013, 01:52:49 PM
Mom and I called Joyce last night, and she's calm...the shock still hasn't passed yet.  The 'bird sold earlier this spring, so she doesn't have to worry about that. 

Mike's family has shown a lot of support for her, and she has friends in the area.  I asked her about coming to the meet this year, and she shot that down right away.   They picked up a '79 300, and that's a cruiser, but she's not up to trips any more. 

If anyone would like her contact information to send a note, please PM me.
I have had alot of inquires about services  ?  did you get any info  ? 

pettybird

I'll have to ask mom--she talked to her more than I did, and I didn't want to chance asking redundant questions.

Edit:  No service.  One of Mike's brothers died just a couple months ago, and Mike HATED the idea of a depressing get together for him.  I'm thinking of kidnapping Joyce a la what Stuart and company did for Sue.  I think Joyce would be a harder sell for that, though, as she doesn't travel well.  It's a little over 2 hours to her house from Ann Arbor.

moparstuart

I got this email from joyce also no services  but donate or volenteer for animal rescues

Stuart - Thank you for your sympathies and for helping to let people know about Mike.  Sorry to not get back to you sooner - meant to but things have gotten real crazy around here.

As far as arrangements, Mike did not want any funeral, visitations or memorials.   If anyone should want to make a memorial donation, we were big supporters of animal rescuers so any organization that works in that domain in their area would be most appreciated.  Even Mike's beloved Siberian was a rescued dog.

We were planning to come over to Minneapolis. I'll be thinking about that all that weekend.  Going to miss seeing everyone but there's no way I could make the trip alone.  I do hope to make to some gatherings but not for a while yet.

Again, thanks for your help.  Love to all -

Joyce

moparstuart

I understand how mike felt but we are not having a funeral for me we are having a party and celebrating my life and cars  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

GULFGLENY

Very sad, They live just 4 miles from me. I almost bought Mikes Bird two years ago. He was concerned about Joyce and was selling the bird to get a more comfortable mopar for her to ride in. Nice people! They were involved with the club and once hosted the Michigan show.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mopar John

I havn't been on here for a few days and it doesn't make me happy when I get back on and find out that I have lost another long time wing car friend.  :'(  Mike and Joyce were regulars at the almost weekly summertime wing car meets organized by the late Rick Croxford.
I remeber those good old days and other midwest meets such as Mopars at the Red Barns were they were regulars. I hope Joyce has someone to watch over her?
Mopar John