News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RARE 1969 TALLADEGA TORINO - $5000 (KANSAS)

Started by hemi24, April 20, 2013, 01:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440mike

A buddy called me back in the summer of '87 and asked about a "special" torino he had found in a junkyard in brainerd mn, a few hours from where we lived and it had 428 in it, he wanted the motor for his girlfriends Ranchero.  I told him it must be a talledaga or cobra! we both took the next day off work and drove up to check it out and there in the front of the yard off to the side was black talladega, an orig white car sold new at shakopee ford to a lady in edina, the only one that dealer sold I guess.  We spent 3 hrs pulling out of the mud onto a trailer with three flat tires!  My buddy did about 80 percent of a full resto and got tired of it and ran out of money, so sold it to a guy with a bodyshop who is a ford nut and it is now all done and beautiful!  So thats my talledaga story!   It was fun to get it running and drive it around after we pulled it out of there, it was still pretty clean but looked really Joe Dirtish!  got plenty of looks cruising the lake in that thing. :2thumbs:
67 Charger, current muscle,
66 383 4 speed Coronet 500
68&69 GTS Darts
440 69 Dart
68&70&72 Road Runners
396 Chevelle
455 68 442
67 440 GTX
340 4SPEED & AUTO 73 Dart Sports
340 71 Demon
66 Mustang coupe.
76 Camaro R/S T-top car