News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Toyota beats Honda for title "Recall King of 2012"

Started by odcics2, January 09, 2013, 03:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

Quote from: odcics2 on March 15, 2013, 03:47:38 PM
Toyota - upon hearing that Honda has another recall, issued one of their own today.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/money/Toyota-recalling-200-000-FJ-Cruisers-for-seatbelt-issue/-/1719116/19335686/-/oj9crm/-/index.html

Seat belt anchor can crack, leading to ejection in an accident.     

Seatbelt?  I thought it was recalled for being fugly.

odcics2

Interesting list of number of recalls per manufacturer, so far this year:

Recalls for 2013 Model Year
FORD (13)
VOLVO (12)
CHEVROLET (9)
BMW (7)
NISSAN (6)
TOYOTA (5)
   GMC (5)
SUBARU (5)
CADILLAC (4)
MERCEDES BENZ (4)
DODGE (3)
LEXUS (2)
   HONDA (2)
INFINITI (2)
PORSCHE (2)
STERLING (1)
ACURA (1)
VOLKSWAGEN (1)
   JEEP (1)
LINCOLN (1)
HYUNDAI (1)
CHRYSLER (1)
TRIUMPH (1)
JAGUAR (1)
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

bull

Fugly is a word that should not be misused or its meaning will be diminished. "Fugly" should be reserved for cars like this:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: bull on March 18, 2013, 07:55:54 PM
Fugly is a word that should not be misused or its meaning will be diminished. "Fugly" should be reserved for cars like this:

Absolutely correct.

Hard to believe.....but someone I am sure, will top that. But then again.....the bar IS set pretty high......

stripedelete

Old Moparz

I know that a recall is usually a safety issue but sometimes known problems that a very common really suck.  :rotz:  There are two things I wish were recalled on our vehicles.

After reading on several forums I found out that on my Dodge Ram 1500 that the grab handles on the front windshield pillars breaking is common. There was even a lawsuit filed because an elderly woman fell when the handle broke off. The handle is hollow plastic & has absolutely no reinforcement at all. Two bolts pass through it & anchor it to the pillar. Mine is broken on the driver's side & I can't believe some moronic engineer would design a Fisher-Price handle for people to grab onto.

My wife's Mitsubishi Endeavor leaks water inside the car from a poorly designed drain that is supposed to allow condensation from the A/C & defroster exit through the floor. It doesn't & it pours in on the driver's side & fills up. I'm not exaggerating either, there is 2 to 3 inches of water in the foot well in just a few days. Again, after reading online other Mitsubishi owners have the same trouble & not just on the Endeavor. There is a service bulletin on fixing it, the entire dashboard must be removed to change a $3 hose. Labor at Mitsubishi is around $1000.

Looks like I'll be drilling a hole in the floor & running a new hose from the dash.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JB400

Did anyone else hear about the V6 Challenger recall?  Supposedly, the wiring harness likes to get warm.  I didn't hear about it first hand, but it was mentioned to me.  :shruggy:

dyslexic teddybear

What I got so far.....

2500 V6 Challengers.....improper positive wire loom.....can short and cause a fire. Seems a simple fix.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?