News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this is more close to home then ya think

Started by jar1292, April 11, 2013, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jar1292

What are your thoughts? I just finished up a 14 month job in the field with them, our shop builds shovels and repairing the dippers and other misc. Equpment for them. My cuz works in the pit (sub-contract) and said that there was at least one shovel, 2 drills and a number of cranes that were on the rebuild of the shovel, he was there 2 nights ago and said he knows that his company lost at least 2 million in tools and equipment. But that is a drop in the bucket or a grain of sand so to say compared to the shovel and drill rigs. I am not sure on the size of shovel but I work on the dippers that are up to 72 cu. yd. and the haul truck in the pictures you can fill them in 4 scoops. The job I was on was at the new MAP site where they will refine a byproduct that comes from the pit "Molybdenum" it is used in fertilizer, steel hardener, graphite lube and many other things. It runs about 55 thousand a ton and they say they can produce around 600 tons a day if this plant ever gets running. It is a few years away if ever. Any one that has worked for Rio Tinto knows that safety is #1 no matter the cost and last night it shows. This company makes so much just in byproducts it aint funny.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=24748916&nid=148&title=slide-reported-at-kennecotts-bingham-canyon-mine&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

oldgold69

those haul trucks look like Tonka toys in a sand box

JB400

They're gonna have to make a wider hole than what they originally expected.  They dug the hole too steep.  With as much money a mine makes, they'll be back open soon.  Just glad no one was injured.

Tilar

Wow, that's quite a slide.  Lucky nobody was hurt.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mopar Nut

:rotz:, my son was just there not too long ago with his boy scouts.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."