News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tonka Trucks From 1980's & 90's Worth Anything?

Started by Old Moparz, March 27, 2013, 08:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Time to make room.  ::)

My wife & I are trying to get rid of some things that we "accidentally accumulated" over the years. Several times we helped clear out some of our family's houses, apartments, etc., but ended up dragging things back to our place figuring we'd store it temporarily & deal with it later. Well, later became years as the stuff that was boxed up got stuffed in the 2nd floor of the garage & forgotten. My Mother, my Mother In Law, & my Sister In Law have all passed away since then so now I get to deal with this stuff to reclaim space.

I opened a bunch of boxes & found Tonka Trucks that had belonged to my wife's nephews. The kids are older now & don't want them & live hundreds of miles away. I was hoping to find out if it's worth it for my wife to list them somewhere to sell, or maybe we just give them away to some of the kids on our street. I didn't count them, but I bet there is at least 30 or so trucks, heavy equipment, farm equipment & cars. Some are ERTL & some other brand, but most are Tonka. None have original boxes & all were played with & have typical wear.

Anyone know Tonka toy values?   :shruggy:

Here is a small sample of the condition & what they are.....
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

twodko

Just google them. From the pictures, all the tires are in great shape. If you were to take toys apart, sand and rattle can them well they could fetch good money.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Chryco Psycho

I had 1/2 dozen of them in mint condition , looked on the internet & they were worth nothing , similar ones to the Jeep you & I have in mint cond were selling for $5 or less why save this stuff at all , I have hundreds of Hot Wheels treasure hunts too , listed a bunch on Ebay @ reasonable prices , not one sold

Old Moparz

Quote from: twodko on March 27, 2013, 09:17:23 PM
Just google them. From the pictures, all the tires are in great shape. If you were to take toys apart, sand and rattle can them well they could fetch good money.

Yeah I can google them, but like everything else people buy & sell, the prices are all over the place. I see one dump truck on craigslist that looks the same for $5 & another for $100.   :shruggy:   

There is NO WAY I am taking apart the toys & restoring them.   :lol:

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 27, 2013, 09:24:08 PM
I had 1/2 dozen of them in mint condition , looked on the internet & they were worth nothing , similar ones to the Jeep you & I have in mint cond were selling for $5 or less why save this stuff at all , I have hundreds of Hot Wheels treasure hunts too , listed a bunch on Ebay @ reasonable prices , not one sold

How encouraging.   :lol: 

I was trying to sell some old lighted beer signs & priced them to what I thought would sell them. Guess what? I still have every single one.

I don't have the time to list ads & I am hoping my wife will. We have a bunch of old chairs, picture frames, glassware & more. I keep telling her a dumpster looks better & better. :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JB400

I think you'd make more money on them if you slapped a coat of paint on them and sold them at a yardsale.  If you don't paint them up, I doubt that you'd get any interest in them.  Then again, if you do paint them, you'd probably change your mind about getting rid of them, and end up keeping them for the young ones in your family.

Old Moparz

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 27, 2013, 11:34:40 PM
I think you'd make more money on them if you slapped a coat of paint on them and sold them at a yardsale.  If you don't paint them up, I doubt that you'd get any interest in them.  Then again, if you do paint them, you'd probably change your mind about getting rid of them, and end up keeping them for the young ones in your family.

Maybe I'll charge the kids up the street to paint them.   :lol:

You guys are probably right about painting them, but it ain't happening. I'm trying to find time to finish my cars so I sure as hell not going to devote time to toys.   :brickwall:

I also doubt there will be kids around here to play with them & they are just in the way. I'll probably put them on craigslist as a big package deal, or offer them in the garage sale section here as long as they can be picked up. :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ACUDANUT

JMHO. If you paint them, it will ruin it (price wise)

Indygenerallee

I had those as a kid and I am sure every kid that grew up in the early 80's had them as well ( I think they made them all the way up through the 90's) unfortunately as many others said I doubt they will ever be worth more than a couple bucks, If they were mine I would probably just give them to any young children you might know.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

kab69440

I dunno what they're worth, but I'll take that Jeep (and any other Jeeps) and the Koni truck off your hands.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Old Moparz

Quote from: kab69440 on March 28, 2013, 02:30:44 AM
I dunno what they're worth, but I'll take that Jeep (and any other Jeeps) and the Koni truck off your hands.

I knew the Jeep would attract attention, I know I like it.  :2thumbs:

The Koni truck probably isn't a Koni truck, it's likely to be a Shop Rite supermarket truck covered in Koni stickers. My wife's Brother in law used to work for Koni & her family practically lived in that supermarket.   :lol:   Shop Rite sold those type of trucks & the red & yellow is the store colors. I am not sure if Tonka made it, it's probably some other brand.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 27, 2013, 09:24:08 PM
There's a set of twelve Hotwheels Treasure hunts from 1995 that sells over $1000.00. One 1995 Camaro TH sells for $300.00.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

mrsskip68

Ok, now to the serious stuff. ANY ANTIQUE OLD RUSTY CRUSTY STUFF, like kitchen or old west things? PM me if so!  :2thumbs:

JB400

Quote from: mrsskip68 on April 01, 2013, 12:32:34 AM
Ok, now to the serious stuff. ANY ANTIQUE OLD RUSTY CRUSTY STUFF, like kitchen or old west things? PM me if so!  :2thumbs:
Aren't you antique enough?

Old Moparz

Quote from: mrsskip68 on April 01, 2013, 12:32:34 AM
Ok, now to the serious stuff. ANY ANTIQUE OLD RUSTY CRUSTY STUFF, like kitchen or old west things? PM me if so!  :2thumbs:

Offhand I don't think there is much of anything like that. My wife Mary was trying to make up her mind on one of those enamel or porcelain coffee pots, but I don't know if she'll part with it or if she does want it.   :shruggy:

There's also an old wooden pail but I think it'll leak if you fill it.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry