News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seattle Cops Roll in a 1970 Satellite...

Started by Ponch ®, April 26, 2013, 12:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

AKcharger

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   love those things
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: AKcharger on April 26, 2013, 12:38:19 PM
Says they use it on occasion too?

yep...

"Far from being a mere show pony, this old-school piece of American iron regularly takes part in actual police duties.

Ritter says it's dropped more than a few jaws while it's out in the field, including from that of what he calls "the criminal element." Aside from a modern radio, the car lacks most modern police gadgets like a computer terminal or even air conditioning. Ritter even wears a period-appropriate police uniform to complete the effect.

:2thumbs:

apparently they have a minifleet of restored 70's cop cars, mostly MOPARS. Awesome.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Homerr

My wife saw that SPD car last week downtown, the officers were pulled over and had someone in cuffs on the sidewalk.  

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020854229_vintagecopcarxml.html?prmid=obindomain

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JB400

Pretty cool, but not cool enough to go to Seattle just to get arrested so I can get a ride.  I like my squeaky clean file.  It'd make for a cool photo op with a GL though :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

I spied this pic in one one of the comments below the article:

One of the MOPARS on the "to own some day" list that is actually attainable is an 80s Dippy or Fury, all murdered out with cop steelies and dishes. Itd be a badass cruiser.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 26, 2013, 03:18:09 PM

One of the MOPARS on the "to own some day" list that is actually attainable is an 80s Dippy or Fury, all murdered out with cop steelies and dishes. Itd be a badass cruiser.

Like the M-bodies :2thumbs: All of them really.

I've got two 89 Gran Furys ex-VSP cruisers and a 78 Volare  VSP unmarked projects. The GFs are complete and in reasonably good shape with little rust....interiors are good. Need to be gone thru mechanically......I got them at my states surplus equipment actions years ago. I ran about 30k each on them before parking....one I would like a stock resto, the other I want a serious motor.....kinda super sleeper. The Volare is pretty rusty....would like to save it if I can, do not think they made very many of them.

I have way to many projects.

On the other hand, never lack for something to do.

Bob T

That Satellite is pretty cool
One of the guys out here I've got to know has a ex Montana State Trooper Fury, 440 powered, he drives it to shows all around the country for kicks, even has ( and fits ) the old cops uniform, but no, he's not an ex cop, he's a trucker  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

dyslexic teddybear

Fred

A few years back Shannons had an old black and white Blues Mobile up for auction. I was sorely tempted.

Bob T

Quote from: Fred on April 26, 2013, 11:30:53 PM
A few years back Shannons had an old black and white Blues Mobile up for auction. I was sorely tempted.

Hows this then, crazy money they are asking for it though....

http://www.moorhousemusclecars.co.nz/vehicle.aspx?stockno=2170
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Seems they're everywhere.
I was looking at a '74 but it was in pretty bad shape. Don't know what it went for in the end as I had to stay away from the auction. (for good reason).
Just thought it would be cool to go cruising in the Blues Mobile.  :icon_smile_big:

MoParJW

Awesome  :drool5:
I would love to own one of these one day, but the real ones are pricey...
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 26, 2013, 03:18:09 PM

I always liked those Diplomats back in the '80's...

Until very late, one drunken night...

I heard the following:

Drop it ! ! !

Up against the car and spread 'em!

...As the shortest Sheriff's deputy I've ever seen was attempting to man handle my long haired,

bearded, red necked, flannel shirt wearin' 6'4" 300+ lb ass up against the side of a his Diplomat...

::)

...I didn't know they made cop uniforms that small... :smilielol:

RECHRGD

Maybe I should take a drive over the hill to Seattle and see if I can get pulled over.......
13.53 @ 105.32

dyslexic teddybear

Could be a bit of role reversal.....

Trying to pull over a cop to check out his car :D