News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Acquired wrecked Australian ZH Fairlane - What to do with it ?

Started by 440, December 16, 2011, 01:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

Is it just me or does that ford look better then most hear in the US from the same era?? Or maybe that just means it looks less "ford" and more something else?

Mytur Binsdirti

Wow, an old thread that has been dug up. Has it been over a year already, yikes the time flies by!

Although it has moved it's still sitting here collecting dust, leaves, branches and whatever else falls on it. I want to save some bits off it and scrap the rest, but I dont really have the room to store the engine/trans at the moment. The wife is nagging me to part it off, at least it's still a going concern and can be moved under its own power.

If I had a bit of land I'd strip it and turn it into a paddock basher.

The white one is still my daily driver and even though I redid the wheels on the blue one it hasn't been driven in the past 6+ months. They handle quite well for a big sedan, I'd go as far to say it's the best handling unmodified "large" car that I've driven.

F8 - I think it still screams "Ford" as the front is similar to Fords of the same era. The only problem is it has 4 doors  :lol:  I'd love an XB Falcon Coupe but couldn't afford one. An interesting fact - although most Aussie cars are smaller than American cars, it is still slightly larger than a Dodge Charger.

Bob T

68 Chargers are longer than 58 Plymouth Fury's, interesting factoid  :lol: Hard to believe with all that chrome and Fins but there's about 4 '' in it
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: F8-4life on February 04, 2013, 09:56:56 AM
Is it just me or does that ford look better then most hear in the US from the same era?? Or maybe that just means it looks less "ford" and more something else?

the closest usa built ford i can find is the 68 mercury marquis. given they are a decade apart, i guess they were 'inspired' by it, rather than re-purposing components.

mauve66

sell it and split the money with the original owner, that way you both make out a little for your time and trouble and his generousity
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Gazza.fox440

Quote from: F8-4life on February 04, 2013, 09:56:56 AM
[My old man (Dad) wishes he still had his 351 like these.. Id get rid of it though coz these boat anchors never will become collectable as say the ZG which have become rarer and more expensive either with a 302 or 351 AND thats just personal opinion.. My dad swears by them but I couldnt get a bid for the Marquis grille (looks rolls royce) on ebay ?? I own an AU111 ute which you could say are just as hideous coz nobody is a big fan BUT rare is the key to everything. If I win on the nags coming up I wouldnt mind getting one for the old mans birthday but he would probably whinge at that too... ]
2 down 1 to go... 70 Challenger please babe for Xmas

Fred

Welcome to the forum Gazza.  What neck of the woods are you in?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Nwcharger

1969 coronet wagon

Gazza.fox440

Quote from: Fred on March 01, 2013, 07:16:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Gazza.  What neck of the woods are you in?

Just moved to the Riverland Fred... Hope Im replying to these the right way...
2 down 1 to go... 70 Challenger please babe for Xmas