News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a good paint for window regulators?

Started by Dino, January 31, 2013, 01:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

There's so much out there that it's making my head spin.  I'm sure someone here has painted window regs so what did you use?  My car gets wet a lot so it needs to hold up to humidity real well.  I have a can of Krylon rust preventative primer somewhere that may do the job but if there's something better please let me know.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

I shot mine after sandblasting with chassis saver. After a 2 hour drying window i spray bombed them with stainless steel spray paint.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver R/T

you can epoxy primer them and them paint as you wish or if you have no budget, have them powdercoated.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dino

Thanks gents, I thougth about powdercoating but I prefer paint right now, I'll try the chassis saver.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Get some Zinc Phosphate primer from a marine type store, it's green. It's what I used on all "potmetal" and aluminum boat parts and it really sticks well for the long haul.
  http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/zinc.php
800 hrs of salt spray testing, F.A.A. approved.  :2thumbs:

gasoline_24

I sent mine out to Dawson Bros. in Wichita and had them replated.  The cost was not too bad and they look like new.