News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wheel wax

Started by polywideblock, January 23, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

ok who uses wheel wax to protect  polished/chrome wheels bumpers etc ,what brand is best any special techniques  just got my crager "magnum 500" set.look very spiffy and i'd like to keep them this way :2thumbs: l

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

twodko

I just use either Meguire's or Mother's chrome polish......which ever is on sale.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bill440rt

It depends. Are the wheels chrome? Or, if aluminum, are they bare or coated?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

68 RT

I just use paste wax on my crager s/s, they are 10 years old and still look new.  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

Quote from: 68 RT on January 24, 2013, 11:58:10 AM
I just use paste wax on my crager s/s, they are 10 years old and still look new.  :2thumbs:
what brand?                                                              cragar "magnum 500"  wheels are bare  chrome  just like cragar s/s  but with black outs as with magnum 500 factory wheels

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Cooter

I use paste wax on many surfaces of my car including wheels and the glass. Rain-X has Nothing on wax on glass. 
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68 RT

Any paste wax should work, but I have turtle wax in the green container.

bill440rt

On a chrome plated wheel a paste wax would work fine. The trick is preventing brake dust from building up as much as possible.
I use this wheel cleaner:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/wheel+cleaner+35+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

It's very mild, yet very effective. I use it on my daily '11 Ram which has "chrome clad" wheels. Basically, a chrome plated plastic cover. It's mild enough for that. They also offer a cleaner for chrome wheels also.
You could use a mild chrome polish before a wax, just don't use aluminum polish on them.
I've been using Flash wax by Malco on chrome for a while now. It is SUPER easy to use, you can literally take the stuff off with one swipe. Non-abrasive, works great on chrome.
http://www.flashwax.com/polishwax.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce