News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Convert Seat Tracks (Passenger to Driver)

Started by chaos52, January 18, 2013, 11:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos52

Has anyone ever converted a passengers seat so it fits on the drivers side? --or is it even possible?
They're 68 Charger seats that came with a 70 parts car and I hope to use them in my 69... :lol:

I have no idea why someone would have put 2 passengers seats in the 70.

Thanks

Dino

Since they are mirror opposites you can't simply swap one for another but some cutting and welding would do it.  Way easier to just buy seat tracks of ebay or something though, shouldn't be too expensive for manual tracks.

Passenger or not, '68 tracks shouldn't fit the '70 floor pans.  Were they bolted in?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

chaos52

Quote from: Dino on January 18, 2013, 02:30:30 PM
Since they are mirror opposites you can't simply swap one for another but some cutting and welding would do it.  Way easier to just buy seat tracks of ebay or something though, shouldn't be too expensive for manual tracks.

Passenger or not, '68 tracks shouldn't fit the '70 floor pans.  Were they bolted in?
Ok, maybe I'll look for some on ebay before hacking it apart. Just curious if anyone had done it before.

I remember unbolting a couple of the studs. It's hard to say how they were attached when the floor pans still existed. I do know they fit ok in my 69.

Dino

Quote from: chaos52 on January 18, 2013, 02:46:46 PM
Quote from: Dino on January 18, 2013, 02:30:30 PM

Ok, maybe I'll look for some on ebay before hacking it apart. Just curious if anyone had done it before.

I remember unbolting a couple of the studs. It's hard to say how they were attached when the floor pans still existed. I do know they fit ok in my 69.

68 and 69 interchange but 70 tracks are shorter I believe.  You can still make it work but it's not a direct bolt in.

Post a wanted ad here, I'm sure some members have some tracks for sale.

chaos52

Quote from: Dino on January 18, 2013, 02:48:13 PM

68 and 69 interchange but 70 tracks are shorter I believe.  You can still make it work but it's not a direct bolt in.

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestions

Dino

Quote from: chaos52 on January 18, 2013, 03:06:06 PM
Quote from: Dino on January 18, 2013, 02:48:13 PM

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestions

Any time.