News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trailer/Towing Reccomendations?

Started by hatersaurusrex, February 26, 2013, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Quote from: 4cruzin on March 01, 2013, 12:11:29 PM
$50 dollars for the weekend is a great rate!  I think up here in Michigan, I was quoted $65 a day and since Carlisle is leave Thursday and caome back Sunday . . it just seemed to be too much IMO.

No, but then you also take a chance of a caliper bolt getting lost along the way and have a weird noise coming from the wheel.  Thats kinda how it went right?   :lol:  (glad you were able to make a roadside pitstop and repair quick and made it to Carlisle that year safe!)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Troy on February 28, 2013, 06:44:29 PM
I forgot a part that was just mentioned above - you could always rent a trailer for the move and save for a nice enclosed version when the car is finished. At least one of my local trailer sales place also rents car haulers and other trailers (open and enclosed). They are way nicer than U-Haul and priced competitively. I used to get a 20' open with surge brakes (no need for a controller in the truck) for $50 per weekend. This is because they were closed on Sunday so if I rented on Saturday and had it back before business on Monday I only got charged for a single day. Any more than about 6 trips per year and it's cheaper to buy your own - which I did.

Troy

What?  That's a steal compared to U-Haul.  U-Haul wants 450 bucks, and I'd have to do it twice so that's what made me think about buying one in the first place.   I figure if I'm out a grand on rentals I might as well buy one.     I need to shop around some more.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Troy

U-Haul probably wants $450 for ***One Way*** rental. Here they get $39 per day for local rental so if you're making a trip where you're only loaded in one direction then it's still cheaper get the trailer close to home and tow it both ways (empty for half).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hatersaurusrex

Sounds a bit more reasonable.  Not sure how I can do local unless I can figure out a way to stack two of them on top of each other :)

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

ACUDANUT

Find a retired person with a truck who has alot of time to kill (granted he is not too old) and just rent two trailers. Pay for his ex pentsizes and Boom, there you go.  You'll still save a butt load of cash.

MoparMotel

I use this trailer...Made by Tru Trailers very reasonably priced. It's a 20'... 18' Deck 2' Dove Tail...Custom ordered it with 2" drop axles so the charger wouldn't scrape the front valance like my old trailer did. Works very well and weighs about 2000lbs by itself. Pull it with the truck in the picture, 2007 Chevy Duramax Diesel/Allison Trans.

Your F150 should pull a trailer like this no problem but a 2 car is out of the question. Might also want to add Firestone Riderite Airbags for extra stability. I did on my truck even though its a 3/4 ton diesel, Just smoothes out the ride towing and the truck doesn't move or sway at all with the trailer.

1968 Dodge Charger