News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool old gas station pictures

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, December 30, 2012, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billfury

Very cool pictures. I see some of the gas prices at 26 cents a gallon. I bet they complained about how much it was. :lol:

bull

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 30, 2012, 05:45:48 PM
:2thumbs:

http://hipspics.freewebspace.com/gas/gas.html

That first pic (The Bomber) is across town here in the Portland area. Been by it many times. In the 90s the whole nose was taken off and has never returned. Apparently now they're going to dismantle it all and move it to Aurora, Oregon to be restored (hopefully to flying condition).

http://www.pdxhistory.com/html/bomber_service.html

Tilar

I remember 26 cent a gallon gas. I also remember buying cigarettes "for my uncle"  :misbehaving:  out of a machine for 21 cents a pack. You put a quarter in the machine and the pack of smokes would have 4 pennies taped to the side of the pack.

Anyone notice the sign against the side of the building in this pic?

http://hipspics.freewebspace.com/gas/gas15.jpg
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bull

Can anyone explain this to me? Apparently it's a parking structure but how do they get the cars in and out of it?

Tilar

I wondered that myself. :scratchchin:   Take a look at the car directly above the woman that is walking across the street. The car with the sloped back, It almost resembles a tucker at first glance.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hawkeye

it looks like they have a elevator between the structures

nvrbdn

thats possible. it says entrance just the other side of the service station building.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nh_mopar_fan

Yup. They're still all over the place in NYC.

billfury

A few months ago in NYC,a guy was killed from a SUV that  fell off the top and fell on top of the guy.

JB400

Dunno if that fastback is a Tucker or not.  Several car companies maded that style of fastback.  Used to see a Buick in a nearby town that was a fastback.  I think it was a Buick.

68X426

What caught my eye was the 1930s station with the 10% Corn Alcohol fuel advertised. Nothing new under the sun.

Cool post Mr. Dirti.  :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

oldgold69

notice how gas was never over 30 cents all the way into the 60's  we're getting screwed

hawkeye

extrapolate other prices from the sixties.  a charger would cost 3 to 4k.  now a modern equivalent  car would cost  30 to 40k.  the us dollar is only worth about 10% of what it was and they still have the printing presses going full bore.    :brickwall:

oldgold69