News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can a 383 froma c body work in a 68 charger?

Started by white, December 27, 2012, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

white

Just want to know how hard would it be to pull a 383 from a 68 newport and put in a 68 dodge charger that used to have a 318. The newport is wrecked. I might buy the whole car. Thanks White

Ghoste

Not hard at all.  You will need to use the big block transmission as well and and source a new driveshaft.

white

Thank you for your help. I will get the car tomorrow. Is there a newport forum where a can post any parts someone might need. Thanks White.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Cooter

Will need Big Block B-Body engine mounts though. Engines/trans' are all the same, but mounting points changed between body styles.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

white

Just picked up the Newport and runs good , will post pictures later. Thanks For all the help guy's.

Daytona R/T SE

http://www.cbodydrydock.com   :2thumbs:

Be sure to post a for sale ad in the classifieds here at Dodgecharger.com

Several of us own the big cars, too. :coolgleamA:

white

Will post all parts for sale for the 68 newport here too.Thanks

white

Will post all parts for sale for the 68 newport here too.Thanks

Daytona R/T SE

white

No tilt steering looks just like my charger except the woodgrain steering wheel

white

Just found out the newport I bought was owned buy the Chicago Knocker's Mudd Wrestling Team from the 80's!  Here is the picture of the car now and then.

white

That is the car I bought! , when I looked at it the guy said it was a 67 well it's not it's a 68. Add also say's it has a 904 tranny and ford rear axel, but neither was correct. it has a torque flight and a 8.75 rear. I drove it to the wrecker that picked it up. I was not sure about the story about it being the knocker's car but the more things I find in the car and what the people on the web are telling me it must be the car. I sent an email to the Chicago Knocker;s web site and received a response back and they said it most likely is the car. Will be doing a title search and see what comes up.  Thanks for the help everyone.

oldcarnut

That's the first limo like that I've seen.  Seems like that would be of real interest to some of the fan club to buy.  I took a C body 400 and put it in an E-body (already with a 440) and the only thing I had to change was the motor and trans mounts.

Daytona R/T SE

There's no way in Hell that I would disassemble such a unique car just to get a used 383 engine.  

:slap:

white

Decided not to part car out. Found a 360 out of a dakota truck.