News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What were they thinking...

Started by HeavyFuel, December 24, 2012, 09:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 25, 2012, 11:19:14 PM
Yes.....let's nitpick!      :yesnod:    This car really does deserve it.

Look at the placement difference of the trim from side to side.  (green arrows)  Plus the trim around the rear glass is not even all the way around; you can tell by the shadows.

The poor craftmanship is really apparent.  Even at 1/3 the price, I wouldn't be able to live with the way it looks.  Don't take that the wrong way, you know, it's a bright red '68 Charger, it's gonna turn heads.  But it would be embarassing to own for someone anal like me.

It's also missing the license plate grommets.  :yesnod: :lol:    What a pile!  :rofl:

Just kidding. Decent car, but not a $70K car.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

That's a beautifully polished turd.  I'd love to walk around it with a fridge magnet...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

8WHEELER

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 26, 2012, 05:55:57 AM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 26, 2012, 04:53:04 AM
Yep, lots of things to notice, looks like a factory Hemi K-frame, must be a 70 K-frame, that might be worth some bucks to the right person.

Dan

It is a 70 K frame, but it's not for a Hemi.

Did all 70 K-frames come with the the skid plate?, I thought it was 6pk or Hemi cars...

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

model maker

Great eye on the roof trim. that is WAY off in the a side view in  the pictures at the beginning of this thread topic. I guess they did just that GUESS where the vinyl top trim parts were suppossed to go. both sides are different as well. Whats the hunk of insulation under the passenger side dash & that headliner looks like way too much fabric & they had to fold & overlap it & pin or staple it up. very ratty looking. too much headliner & not enough vinyl top material. I guess they got those 2 measurements mixed up. There has got to be a lot of other issues if you could get it up on a lift.
MODEL MAKER