News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

grille vaccuum pods

Started by Lee A, January 06, 2013, 06:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee A

Hi i have a few vaccuum pods of my 69 and 68 grilles and was wondering if there is any way of testing them with out putting them in a grille.Some have the rod in the bottom of the pod that the rod is aways stuck out and hard to push in and some have the rod where you can move it in and will stay and pull it out and it will stay and you can hear the air being pushed out where the hose is suppose to go on. what do the good ones do are they the ones where they stay in or out when put there thanks
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Back N Black

If you have a hand pump vacuum gauge you can check with applying vacuum. Also you can take a vacuum source of your daily driver and apply vacuum that way. One port will close the pod and the other port will open the pod. The 68 pods have a magnet at the bottom to aid in keeping the doors open, where as the 69 did not have the magnet but a small piece of metal that would hold the doors open.
In the pic below it has the metal piece that keep the headlight door open (69).