News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back from failed bodyshop, Now on with the show

Started by EMCustoms, May 28, 2008, 02:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMCustoms

finally got the car back from the shop that has had it for 2 years.  The shop owes me all of the parts I had bought from YO.  Quarters, trunk floor, outer wheel houses had been stolen.  When I picked up the car, I discovered that the header panel had been stolen as well.  Inspecting that parts that where still on hand discovered front and rear valance had been damaged.  So, I have decided to do some of the body work myself, I droped the doors off for blasting and priming at a local shop.  But now I have discovered another problem and need help.  I am attaching a before and after bodyshop pic of the tail light panel that has to be replaced.  To me it looks like it was damaged worse at the shop what do ya'll think? :shruggy:

EMCustoms

EMCustoms

Charger74

Definetely more damaged than before.  That sucks you got screwed.  So what did you do about them stealing your parts????  Just curious...

EMCustoms

Stolen parts are being taken care by insurance.  The story is that someone drove through the bay door.  My parts, another guys mustang parts, and someones buick grand national were stolen.

EMCustoms

Slow progress but thought I would share some updated pics.  A red scotch brite, comet, and a lot of elbow grease makes for a clean surface.

NHCharger

Nothing like an update after 4 1/2 years. Glad to see you didn't give up. Ever get reimbursed for the stolen parts?
What color is that??
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

lexxman

The trunk looks great,it looks like B5 blue? keep us posted. :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

Man, feel sorry for your pain.  The B5 looks awesome!   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

EMCustoms

It has been slow, got the money for the parts but other things took priority. I do have the outer wheel wells, rear cross member trunk floor extensions, lower corners, and rear valance.  Sill need quarters, trunk floor, and tail light panel to be able to start the cutting, fitting and welding process. The color I chose is the new B5 paint code FQD.  I did a spray out of that and the original B5 and liked the brighter one better. I have spent the past year helping restore my brother's truck, doing all the paint and body.  He had previously made an offer to buy all the paint for my car if I painted it the original color, gold is my least favorite color to have or spray.  After he bought his paint he quickly retracted that offer.  It is a head turner with the looks and the 454 under the hood. Our goal is to have his truck and my car at the next home town show in the summer.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Hemidog

Highbanked Hauler

So how much difference is there between the new and the old B5, you say it is brighter ??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

duster71

EMCustoms

The parts I have sprayed so far where done in Sikkens.  That is the paint system that the body shop I worked at used.  I will be spraying the car with Matrix.  I felt a little iffy about the system but I have a friend that deals it and we sprayed it on the 70 Chevy.  I was impressed with the quality and how well their clear slicked out leaving very little orange peel.  I feel it is very comparable to the PPG line.  It was created by PPG chemists so it is very compatible with PPG products.  I know there is a considerable difference between the classic B5 paint code and this FQD that was marketed as B5 when the new challengers came out.  I have a pic somewhere of the two being compared on a spray out I did, will post when I find it.