News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 help

Started by Mar10n83, December 19, 2012, 09:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mar10n83

hi

Anybody have any ideas for better performance on my 440?
the motor seems to be stock inside, but got the edelbrock 1407 carb and the CH4B intake.

Looking for a everyday driver with some performance :)

Thanks for a great forum :D

metalstorm440

useualy a cam change is easy hp from a stock engine.A .509 cam will useualy fit also if the heads,block have not been milled.A wide lobe seperation like 112 intake center line will help you also with valve to piston clearance and avg torque.

areibel

Welcome!
Are you just looking at bolt ons (carb, intake, exhaust), or are you thinking more like head work, cam- the package approach?  Or a tear down and rebuild?
There are several excellent builders on here, let us know what you're looking at and get started!

Mar10n83

Mostly looking for bolt-on parts since buying the car kinda broke my wallet  :icon_smile_cool:

With the setup i got now theres no "kick" in the engine, and i also suspect that the kickdown wire isnt setup right...

cdr

Quote from: Mar10n83 on December 19, 2012, 06:13:09 PM
Mostly looking for bolt-on parts since buying the car kinda broke my wallet  :icon_smile_cool:

With the setup i got now theres no "kick" in the engine, and i also suspect that the kickdown wire isnt setup right...

get that linkage checked out NOW if it is way off the tranny will get roasted,also it just might need tuning to get it to kick better ,,,,a bad tune can make a 600 hp motor run like its 400 hp   :Twocents: :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr