News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Vintiques or Specialty Wheel?

Started by auxiliarytwin, August 16, 2011, 06:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxiliarytwin

Experiences, Gripes, Comments?  I'm buying Rally wheels this week so I'd love some info.

Thanks!

bull

I've only purchased wheels from Specialty because I live less than 3 miles from them. And I was able to set up a group buy discount: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62609.0.html

Trying to be unbiased is not easy for me in this case but I have never heard any gripes about the quality of the Specialty product, or the customer service (but I'm sure quality and customer service complaints do exist :icon_smile_big:). The only gripes I've heard about them is that they don't call or email you back immediately depending on your time zone.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ive had my Road Wheels from Specialty for almost 10 years with no troubles....I am however buying some steel wheels from Wheel Vintiques soon
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

UFO

So far I only placed a order with Specialty Wheel.Should have them in another week or two.
Like it says in the group buy thread,best way to order is call Kelly.

Brass

I purchased through Specialty and it was good experience. Don't know about Wheel Vintiques but I think there have been complaints.

twodko

Go with the group discount through Specialty. I sure wish I had. :brickwall: Avoid Wheel Vintiques like the plague!!!!!!! I bought a set of Mag500 from them and the black paint began to peel/flake off after couple 3 weeks! I called WV's as did the shop who bought and mounted them for me. WV's fix? They sent me a half empty rattle can of black paint. This is one of those companies where once they have your money they walk away and are not responsive to customers. Customer service and integrity are NOT part of their business plan. Run, don't walk away from WV's.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

XH29N0G

Is this information still current or does anyone have any updates.  I am looking int Rallye wheels too (now) and investigating vendors.  Specialty or Vintiques?  Or are there other Vendors to consider?

I'll post a new topic if that ends up being better.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mopar Nut

Check YearOne, they have some really nice ones that just came out in 17". :drool5: :drool5:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

Thanks.  I saw those.  Right now probably only looking for two to match the ones I have and put on a slightly wider tire.  Looking at 15 x 8.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

triple_green

specialty wheels > wheel vintiques.....but I thought I read somewhere on this board that WV bought SW?
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

stripedelete

Quote from: triple_green on January 18, 2013, 10:52:05 AM
specialty wheels > wheel vintiques.....but I thought I read somewhere on this board that WV bought SW?

Koker bought Specialty

Dmichels

I just ordered from Specialty Wheel I got rims, tires, lugs, and center caps. Gave me a hell of a deal with free mount and balance. I shopped apround and they still beat the best deal by over $100 Yes they still give us a discount
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

My9302002

Dave,
What did you get and what price did you pay? I'm in the market for four 15x8 Magnum's with lugs and center caps.
Andrew
69 RT/SE B5 Blue

Dmichels

I paid 1255 w/o shipping this was Magnum 500 15x8 back and 15x7 in the front, BF Goodrich tires, center caps, lug nuts, mounted and balanced. I did some price shopping and found the wheels cheeper but not the tires. They have great prices on tires  THen you have to figure 2 shippings plus what I would have to pay for mount and balance. I figured I saved more  then $200. I emailed them, told them I was a member here and I got a price quote the next day.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

My9302002

Andrew
69 RT/SE B5 Blue

My9302002

BY the way...
What tire combo did you go with.
Andrew
69 RT/SE B5 Blue

Dmichels

rear 15x8 4.5 BS Tire 275 60- 15
front 15x7 4.25 BS Tire 235 60- 15
This should fit fine I wanted to go with something bigger then stock but consevitive without any clearens issues. I will let you know how it goes. I should have them by the end of Feb
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

1973rallye

Thought I would weigh in on this. Have been reading with interest on this topic as I am in the market for some rallye wheels. I had considered Specialty, but read today in another thread on DC.com that the discount offered to members is 12%. After some calculation for a wheel and tire purchase the shipping was going to be $323 Fed Ex ground to my closest US address. Summit wheel and tire purchase was $38 bucks. That would make the purchase from Summit just under $300 cheaper for me. I am thinking that the Specialty wheel can't be that much better to justify the extra as I could sure use that elsewhere. Just my  :Twocents:
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

Dmichels

Call them they discount the tires ALOT when you buy a package. It takes 2 min for them to email you a quote.
68 440 4 speed 4.10