News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cheap headers?

Started by Wicked72, November 29, 2012, 08:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

so i want  set of el cheapos. i dont mind wacking them a bit. its going on a stock 400 in my 72. i got an old set long ago dirt cheap that fit well but i dnt remember what they were. so im looking at summit brand headers at  $135 free shipping right up my ally and Flowtech for $150 still awsome price but when i check their fit guide they say they wont fit with power steering. jegs also has a set uncoated for $160 doesnt say anything about pwr steering issues. does anyone have some experience with these headers?  or recommend some cheap headers. Also would would be a good primary size for a stock 400?
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Chryco Psycho

Sorry I can't help ,  I don't buy cheap headers , they cost too much in burnt wires , gasket replacements & inability to access spark plugs , just not worth the aggrevation !!

Wicked72

if i had $750 to get good headers i would but these are the cards im delt

dangina

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-78030

you can't get any cheaper and they clear the longer pitman and idler arms...and free shipping today to boot.

Wicked72

will they work with power steering?

ACUDANUT

Buy Factory HP manifolds and rest easy