News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HA HA!

Started by Brock Samson, November 11, 2012, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

This one seems very possibly a real Charger pic.  Look in the background (above the hood) and you see what looks like a '66-67 B-body under the tarp.  That suggests the pic was taken at Chrylser in the correct time period.  

The longer wheelbase might have been under consideration to make the car more of a determined luxury car.  Longer wheelbases = upscale image and smoother ride.  Although I would expect a decision like that to have been far above the level of the styling department.  Maybe they were just told to experiment with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one looks reminiscent of how the NASCAR guys altered their 2nd-gens to cheat the air.  If Chrysler had produced that concept car as the stock 2nd-gen they would never have needed a C500 or Daytona.  

The back end looks sorta like a Mustang of the era. 

Ghoste

More derivative of the 1st gens.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Ghoste on December 08, 2012, 06:36:16 PM
More derivative of the 1st gens.

Agreed, as it looks evolutionary, not revolutionary, like the 1968-1970 Chargers were. :Twocents:

Thankfully, they honed that design to what was released for M/Y 1968

Ghoste

I've seen another clay that is almost halfway between this one and the 1st gen Chargers.  The fastback was more steeply raked as I recall and it had the dual fuel fillers on the top like that.

Mike DC

I don't see how that last concept's hood would have cleared the top of the radiator support.  And I doubt they would have been allowed to alter the rad support to make it fit either. 

Ghoste

On the other hand, they did think enough of the styling exercise to take it from drawing to clay.