News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynacorn 70 Challenger

Started by E5 Charger, November 05, 2010, 11:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 06, 2010, 08:07:57 AM
one question though, why a challenger body over a Cuda'
i'm guessing the CEO owns a challenger, not a cuda.  :nana:

HPP

Probably because Plymouth is an orphaned brand now and Chrysler would not grant the license over the Challenger.

Ghoste

And I'm sure they see it as free promotion for a model they currently sell.

Cooter

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 12, 2012, 01:30:04 PM

I cannot imagine any conceivable benefit to Mopar withholding the license on any 45yo body shell.  

Simple...M-O-N-E-Y...Whenever someone attempts to repro the Charger body in full, they will turn up the wick and begin to rake their fare share off the top and make more off a 45 Y/O body shell, than they are making of a 2012 Car.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

That's a reason to charge more for the license, not a reason to withhold it.  

I just don't see any reason to withhold it.  

Ghoste

Only guessing here and not agreeing necessarily with what I say just being devil's advocate, but maybe their market research doesn't indicate a demand for 2nd gen Charger shells and they don't want any kind of business "failure" associated with the nameplate.

I know I know but we aren't talking about us, we're talking about corporate lawyers.

JB400

Here's my  :Twocents: I think it would be more profittable for Dynacorn to make just a b body chassis.  Then, the buyer can order whatever exterior skin they want.

Charger454

Quote from: NorwayCharger on November 06, 2010, 04:04:56 AM
A big portion of the Challenger's final materialization can also be linked – surprisingly enough – to Fiat's acquisition of Chrysler. Recently, the new management decreed that the licensing of recreation parts be broadened to allow aftermarket companies open range to repop vintage muscle car parts. It might not sound like much, but it actually means that more major aftermarket companies will be reproducing everything that you need – and have been waiting for for years – shortly!

I love Fiat  :icon_smile_big:

DAMNIT! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!!!! HA HA!!!!  :cheers:
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!