News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new acquisition!!!

Started by 71 SE3834V, October 31, 2012, 05:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 SE3834V

Quote from: myaerocars on November 01, 2012, 11:25:56 AM

Keep up the cleanup and detail stuff as the little things make me feel like I am getting somewhere  until I can afford the big things! :2thumbs:

Godspeed,
JON  

Yeah detailing sure can make it a whole lot better quick! The inside sure perked up after I took apart the console, cleaned all the spilled pop outta it and polished the chrome! Can't wait to detail the grill! It'll look a whole lot better even though the bumpers look like crap.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

71 SE3834V

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 01, 2012, 04:49:54 PM
[

I live in Plymouth. Nice Gunmetal blue Charger! I've always liked that color especially on 1971 Charger SE. It may have been a featured brouchure color that year for SE.

Its odd to see the gunmetal interior with black door panels and carpet .  But that's how Chrysler made them. They didn't mold any hard plastic parts in gunmetal. You'll also notice the seat backs are black also.

Regarding Tail-lights - they're ALWAYS argent silver on SE, 500 and base models

Well someone painted the taillights b4 me, I liked it as it goes well w/the black top and black in the grill so I reshot it. I do believe the backs of the seats are the same blue. That interior pic is the only one I have but I'll get over to where I have it stored & check but after all the cleaning I did to the seats I'm 99% sure they're blue & we all know some of the wacky stuff the factory did.  :lol:
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

71 SE3834V

I live in Plymouth. Nice Gunmetal blue Charger! I've always liked that color especially on 1971 Charger SE. It may have been a featured brouchure color that year for SE.

Its odd to see the gunmetal inerior with black door panels and carpet .  But that's how Chrysler made them. They didn't mold any hard plastic parts in gunmetal. You'll also notice the seat backs are black also.

Regarding Tail-lights - they're ALWAYS argent silver on SE, 500 and base models

Forgot to add...did you happen to attend a show downriver last June. I talked to someone w/the same color Coronet there.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

71 SE3834V

Quote from: Dino on November 01, 2012, 04:41:08 PM
Quote from: 71 SE3834V on November 01, 2012, 04:37:25 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 01, 2012, 11:12:27 AM
Nice find man!  Where in SE Mi are you?  I'm in Ann Arbor.

S. E. of Metro airport. Bout a 1/2 hr. from you. Car was found in Taylor bout a mile and a half from my house all these years!

Awesome!  Lemme know if you wanna drag race on I-94 and... I mean grab a beer!  Yeah, that's it!   :icon_smile_big: 

Don't know if she's up for a race yet. :lol: It still isn't running quite right at least how I think it should run. Heck, my '72 Galaxie Land yacht seems to get up and go better/smoother.  :lol:
Always up for a meet though. Maybe at a show in between us next summer unless you wanna stop by and help me wrench sometime.  ;)  :icon_smile_big:
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

tan top

:coolgleamA:   looks good  :2thumbs:

cant recall seeing that type of wheel before  :scratchchin:  don't think its  centrelines , is it !  or  one of the copys  :scratchchin:
think they would look good black , with that deep dish look  :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

71 SE3834V

Quote from: tan top on November 01, 2012, 07:43:47 PM
:coolgleamA:   looks good  :2thumbs:

cant recall seeing that type of wheel before  :scratchchin:  don't think its  centrelines , is it !  or  one of the copys  :scratchchin:
think they would look good black , with that deep dish look  :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

They are Craigers, I was told SST's. Yes they look like aluminum Centerlines. They were real nasty, rust pitted and I had to take a wire wheel to 'em to clean 'em. Now they have a "brushed" look.  :laugh:
I think the deep dish look has caused me problems. The unibody may be leaning in and in need of support as the control arms are adjusted all the way out and the tires are still leaning in too far (negitive camber I think?). I remember back in the day the talk was "don't use deep dish as they cause premature wear on bearings, spindles and such."
The rears are real funky as the wheels are about 11" wide and the tires are 245/60/14 making the tread narrower than the wheels. One has a rim leak and I couldn't get a shop to touch it because of this. A couple of tires are dry rotted anyway so the Rallyes will be going on by next spring.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

NHCharger

Nice score  :cheers:
I love 3rd gens. I've had my 71 SE for 17 years.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71 SE3834V

Its odd to see the gunmetal inerior with black door panels and carpet .  But that's how Chrysler made them. They didn't mold any hard plastic parts in gunmetal. You'll also notice the seat backs are black also.

Regarding Tail-lights - they're Always argent silver on SE, 500 and base models

Ok, I got over to check. The seat backs are definately Gunmetal. Weird. I looked up the trim code and the seats should be Gun/blk. Could it be different w/the leather seats? I also noticed the console is a darker blue. Normal?
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

TUFCAT

Cool! I've seen lots that were black. Many had the black lower door panels also (the soft upper part was gunmetal and doesn't look right).  Maybe Chrysler's vendor was late popping out the hard molded panels in gunmetal color who knows. :scratchchin:  You'll need to ask an expert. The color is so rare its been a long time since I've seen a gunmetal interior up close and personal. ;)

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Nice car, and nice work with the work!

71 SE3834V

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 10, 2012, 12:54:13 PM
Cool! I've seen lots that were black. Many had the black lower door panels also (the soft upper part was gunmetal and doesn't look right).  Maybe Chrysler's vendor was late popping out the hard molded panels in gunmetal color who knows. :scratchchin:  You'll need to ask an expert. The color is so rare its been a long time since I've seen a gunmetal interior up close and personal. ;)

Yep mine has the blk lower panels w/the gunmetal uppers. From what I've seen on a trim chart the seats are supposed to be Gun/blk. I figured they started to kick out the seat backs in gun by the time my car was made (11-70).
I was looking through the 3rd gen pics thread and another member here has an identical color/vinyl topped/hidden headlight car. It was posted back in 2009. I might contact him and see if he still has it and compare his and mine.  :icon_smile_big:
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rick.d

Nice car! I like the 71's. There is one sitting near me, 440 U code 71 SE that i wouldnt mind owning.