News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for a member near Albany, NY to check out a car I'm considering buying

Started by preid, October 24, 2012, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preid

I'm considering buying this '69 R/T:
http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3265899156.html

I'm in St. Louis so not easy for me to check out.  If anyone lives near Albany, NY and would be willing to check it out for me, I sure would appreciate it!!!! Give me shout if interested and I'll get you details.

Here is a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbj0FK7Tlc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

fender tag is:
M31 r21 v1x v88 26 end
A01 a33 c16 c55 g15 m21
X9 c6x x9 509 178310
E86 d21 xs29 l9b 374961

Thanks!!!

bakerhillpins

Is that tag pulled from a picture or did the guy give it to you via phone/email?

Seems like a nice car, 3x9 4spd car..  :drool5:  Is it #s?

Has lots of SE options added on it too.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

6pkrtse

1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

ODZKing

I'm about 2 1/2 hours away.  Let me see if I can fish anyone out of the club that is out that way.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Car looks nice in pics & video....guy seems like a trip though....watch some of his other videos ...the "Jersey" one pretty much sums it up  ::)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hawkeye

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hawkeye on October 25, 2012, 05:44:43 PM
beats the hell out of that one you were looking at for $16500

oh really? Link? Its more a 20 to 25k car...not 30k.

hawkeye

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hawkeye on October 25, 2012, 06:49:16 PM
the value of the ny car is anyone's guess, but i know this project car wasn't worth 16500   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,96000.0.html

uuh..yeah I agree on that 16k car man that was pure junk especially from HPLAG  :flame:

preid

He sent me the tag info from his iphone.
No, its not #s matching.

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 25, 2012, 06:41:46 AM
Is that tag pulled from a picture or did the guy give it to you via phone/email?

preid

Quote from: ODZKing on October 25, 2012, 01:29:23 PM
I'm about 2 1/2 hours away.  Let me see if I can fish anyone out of the club that is out that way.

Hey, really appreciate the help, ODZKing!!  thanks.

preid

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 25, 2012, 04:26:13 PM
Car looks nice in pics & video....guy seems like a trip though....watch some of his other videos ...the "Jersey" one pretty much sums it up  ::)

Yeah, this guy is a piece of work.  I'm not getting a good feeling about him.  After emailing him a couple times to get info, he replies back with "I'm done with email, give me your phone number".  When I provide it to him, he doesn't call me, rather, he sends me 2 more emails as follows: 

"Give me a list of what you want and need and I will do my best to provide. Make sure you list everything because I will not be sending anything after that. I don't care if I come across as an asshole, and I'm sick of wasting my time, after your list of things you want to know or see, after that the only email I want from you is either, 1 you are not interested or 2 you want to see the car.... Apparently a guy from California is supposed to be making arrangements to have the car inspected but for all I know he is just another blowhard wasting my time just like the other 10 people everyday that want to pretend they can buy a car. "

"So we are both on the same playing field let's go forward with the knowledge that I am a skeptical, cynical, asshole new yorker and I do not think for 1 second that you will ever purchase my car and this will be an enormous waste of my time, so that way when that does inevitably happen I won't be so irritated, "

I really like that car but I don't think I can deal w/ a head case like this.

1974dodgecharger

WTF...complete asshole YES he is. You should send him a pic of a pile of cash and tell him, 'This is the money your not getting asshole'

His car is a 20k to 25k car move on.....

if he is that serious that his shit dont stink offer 25k cash and he will take it.

skip68

Tuff call but I agree he's an asshole.   For the price it looks VERY appealing though.  Frank is in NY.  Maybe close enough to check it out. Good luck.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: preid on October 25, 2012, 08:55:47 PM
He sent me the tag info from his iphone.
No, its not #s matching.

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 25, 2012, 06:41:46 AM

I was just wondering as some of the data on the tag was transposed.

As far as him being an a$$ you have to figure out if you want to go through all that. I had a deal go sour on a 68 RT 4spd that I dearly wanted. In the beginning the guy seemed standup, I sent a deposit and almost immediately he wigged out and started making excuses about me not holding up my end of the deal. Anyhow, turns out he used excuses to dump me for a guy who promised 4k more and would be "on the next flight". It didn't hold up and I had a second shot. I decided that if I had to try to pry it from a guy who was a prick and the car turned out to have any issue I didn't see at the start I could never live with myself. So I moved on.  Did is miss a great car, chances are yep but I don't know for sure. But I figured it was better than the alternative which was being upset with myself and mad at the car.   :Twocents:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

1974dodgecharger

BP,
did you get your deposit back? Man, these 2nd gens are just ridiculous sometimes the demand for them vs the 1st and 3rd. I know you got a nice looking car, but to have a 4 speed, well.......

johnnyseville

Just read his ad, he is a jerk, keep looking, if you find a car in NYC or Long Island  area I would be happy to look at it, Albany is a few hours away, besides, I will end up hitting the guys eventually and getting arrested.  Looks like a nice car, but not worth the aggravation of dealing with this jerk.
too many to list!

preid

Quote from: skip68 on October 26, 2012, 02:01:31 AM
Tuff call but I agree he's an asshole.   For the price it looks VERY appealing though.  Frank is in NY.  Maybe close enough to check it out. Good luck.    :2thumbs:

Skip68, Frank who?  Whats his user name?

thanks.

Dino

I like the picture of cash scenario.  I couldn't care how badly I wanted it, I would tell him to stick it up his you know what.  I don't deal with douchebags like that.

Oh and non matching numbers makes this an overpriced car so he would have to cut his price a bit and I doubt he would.

Shoot him a reply:

Dear nut job,

I am very interested in the car and I too would not like to waste my time with assholes which makes this email an oxymoron.  Without seeing it I would price it between $20K and $25K.  If you feel that hell would have to freeze over before you would smell the coffee than consider this our final discussion.

Sincerely,
a normal human being.

You're welcome.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 26, 2012, 08:42:57 AM
BP,
did you get your deposit back? Man, these 2nd gens are just ridiculous sometimes the demand for them vs the 1st and 3rd. I know you got a nice looking car, but to have a 4 speed, well.......

Yes I did get the deposit back, so he wasn't a complete wipe. One of his made up problems was that the deposit didn't show. Funny how I got it back stamped Return to Sender and tracking showed it arrived on time.

What are you gonna do.  :shruggy:  I am still trying to figure out how to get a 4spd though.  :icon_smile_big:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

1974dodgecharger

baker,

man yeah I agree 4 speed is just plain awesome with the pistol grip. Its like masterbating and your in total control of what you want to do. Just pure awesomeness in a car orgasmic way.

I really want a 4 speed, but I know based on 'sales' of what I seen they command extra 5k or so vs a auto.

skip68

Franks user name is FLG.  He's been a member here for a long time and can be trusted to give you an honest opinion.   I think MoparSal is in the NY area also.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ODZKing

Quote from: preid on October 25, 2012, 08:57:46 PM
Well, so far I have struck out on my end.  After sending out a mass e-mail, the closest I got was a member in Rome, NY about 30 mile east.
I will keep asking but with that guys attitude I'd be skeptical too. And not all NY-ers are assholes.  I know Frank (FLH) and HE is a great guy.  We met up right after I bought my 73.  And he has helped me with some stuff I was looking for.  In fact I gave him a report and pics on a car HE was looking at here.
I have his e-mail and cell but I don't believe he is much closer than I am.
PM me if you need anything more.

preid

Quote from: ODZKing on October 29, 2012, 08:54:28 AM
Well, so far I have struck out on my end.  After sending out a mass e-mail, the closest I got was a member in Rome, NY about 30 mile east.
I will keep asking but with that guys attitude I'd be skeptical too. And not all NY-ers are assholes.  I know Frank (FLH) and HE is a great guy.  We met up right after I bought my 73.  And he has helped me with some stuff I was looking for.  In fact I gave him a report and pics on a car HE was looking at here.

I def. appreciate everyone's help on this  :cheers: but I've decided to pass - I'm not even going to respond anymore to the guy.  I looked up a couple other people that were suggested but they aren't that close to Albany, besides, I'm real skeptical of this whole deal given the way the seller has acted.  Again, thanks for trying!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: preid on October 29, 2012, 12:05:19 PM
Quote from: ODZKing on October 29, 2012, 08:54:28 AM

I def. appreciate everyone's help on this  :cheers: but I've decided to pass - I'm not even going to respond anymore to the guy.  I looked up a couple other people that were suggested but they aren't that close to Albany, besides, I'm real skeptical of this whole deal given the way the seller has acted.  Again, thanks for trying!

I Agree with 74 send a pic of a pile of cash and say sorry since your not a serious seller i don't want to waste my time with you.