News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a Spare Million or So?

Started by John_Kunkel, December 08, 2006, 02:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

I would think it would be worth paying a few folks for a year to sort, tag and catalogue the stuff. Inventory/organizze the cars outside as well. 3 or 4 decent year long salaries, a computer and some digital cameras - 200K investment might make it worth more.

Just for quick numbers there would have to be 10,000 parts there worth at least a 100 bucks on average to get 1M out of it, let alone profit...dunno...

No matter what you find out the dollar value really *might be* after all that, I think it's an impossible sell at this point - and selling it for *something* is better than nothing.

But then again, who is gonna pay to ship all that stuff anywhere all at once? Would cost a fortune. I would think the only viable option would be for someone to buy the land too.

But also as said, definitely purchasing a career there...

Probably be better off selling the cars individually, and divide the rest of the stuff up into larger lots -- picking out obvious items of exceptional value. Sell those more managable lots off - either for parts or scrap.

Now I'm rambling...just my 2 cents.

Chatt69chgr

Now I know where all the stuff is that I have been looking for.  This guy has it all.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69-DodgeCharger

Damnnnnnn thats a ton of shit there, that is really sweet. If i show my friend this, he will start drooling on me, no question

Hemidoug

No way I would plunk down that amount of cash WITHOUT seeing a VERY detailed list of EVERYTHING. All I see is a lot of JUNK with some eye candy sprinkled in. In the old days, when they were selling mining claims, they would seed the property just before the potential buyers would show up. As they walked around inspecting the property, "low and behold looky what I found". Same thing going on here. If there is 500K worth of stuff there I would be supprised.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

70charger_boy

The auction includesd the house and 3.9 acres of land.  I think thats a deal

Old Moparz

I know for a fact, that if I had more land & a few outbuildings, that's what my property would look like. I'm glad I don't have the room. :D  I agree with a lot of the others here, it would be cool to wander around through there & see what you can find.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Arthu®

Quote from: 70charger_boy on December 10, 2006, 08:14:50 PM

You have an odd definition of a deal, so for a 1.5m you get 4 acres of land with buildings (from what I have seen you can barely call it a house anymore), loads of junk cars which are dripping oil and sinking into the ground everywhere. Than you get sheds full of probably mostly useless parts and probably rusted away so far that even if they were worth something at some point they are now worthless. So let's say you clear up the yard, what are you going to do with it next. It is zoned as commercial so I doubt you can only live there without having a business. What are you going to do? Put it up for sale, anyone who will come to look at it will be scared away by the probably poluted ground and the rest of the dump. I doubt it is such a good deal, they have been selling it for years and nobody with that kind of money seems to be stupid enough to buy it.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Shakey

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on December 11, 2006, 10:57:50 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on December 10, 2006, 08:14:50 PM

You have an odd definition of a deal, so for a 1.5m you get 4 acres of land with buildings (from what I have seen you can barely call it a house anymore), loads of junk cars which are dripping oil and sinking into the ground everywhere. Than you get sheds full of probably mostly useless parts and probably rusted away so far that even if they were worth something at some point they are now worthless. So let's say you clear up the yard, what are you going to do with it next. It is zoned as commercial so I doubt you can only live there without having a business. What are you going to do? Put it up for sale, anyone who will come to look at it will be scared away by the probably poluted ground and the rest up the dump. I doubt it is such a good deal, they have been selling it for years and nobody with that kind of money seems to be stupid enough to buy it.

Arthur

You could plant some flowers and make it look nice!   :yesnod:

Old Moparz

Yeah, flowers would be cool.   :coolgleamA:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

MorePwr

That's cool. The ultimate Chia Pet

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charger_boy

I'll tell you why it is a GREAT deal.  It's a deal because it's a junkyard.  You can't go out and start a junkyard business because of all the epa laws, but this guy is grandfathered in.  So, what you do is you work out a deal with the insurance companies for them to use your land for auctions and you will transport the cars for a fee of course.  You will make money hand over fist.  How do I know? The owner of the company I work for had a business like  this he sold it for 60 million. He also had 7,500 cars in his lot though