News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some say 3rd gens. Chargers ain't worth much

Started by ACUDANUT, October 20, 2012, 09:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

personally I dont see it ever selling...but hey what do I know.

Ghoste

Rare beyond belief, immaculate condition I think it would sell for some very large coin.  I don't know that e-bay is the place for that to happen but there are still buyers willing to pay for exclusive cars.

Chryco Psycho

Personally I prefer the 71 over any other year But From my experience there is no point in building or buying a 71 Charger ..... after spending 50 k to restore mine the best real offer I have had is 7 k , which less than 1/2 the cost of the paint not including buying the body or all the mechanical work . I should have built a Pacer instead !

JPL

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 23, 2012, 07:09:58 AM
Personally I prefer the 71 over any other year But From my experience there is no point in building or buying a 71 Charger ..... after spending 50 k to restore mine the best real offer I have had is 7 k , which less than 1/2 the cost of the paint not including buying the body or all the mechanical work . I should have built a Pacer instead !

To me, it's a timing thing, I built my '71 in the late 80's back when you could still get good parts from the junk yard, so my cost wern't as crazy as some figures I've seen, I think I could actually make some dough if I wanted to sell it.

Chryco Psycho

Mine had a rust free body so it was an easy resto , paint work is just expensive when a gallon of base is $1500

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

JB400

Paint is one thing you get what you pay for.  Anything else is you pay for what you get.
In other words, cheap paint ain't going to last as long as a more expensive paint.  Yes, there are a very few exceptions.  Part of it is how it is taken care of.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 23, 2012, 10:10:46 PM
Paint is one thing you get what you pay for.  Anything else is you pay for what you get.
In other words, cheap paint ain't going to last as long as a more expensive paint.  Yes, there are a very few exceptions.  Part of it is how it is taken care of.

matte black an exception  :icon_smile_big: