News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rearend sizes over different years

Started by Lee A, October 30, 2012, 02:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee A

what size would be in a 69 charger i know it is 742 in a 68 charger but whats in a 69 charger is it the same
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Lee A

I meant the size of the housing and rearend not the gear sizes
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

greymag

Allpar has a great write-up about this

skip68

8 3/4  :cheers:  Some would have a Dana 60 in it.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lee A

i know they had those but different styles like 741 ot 742 or 489 what were 69 charger if not a dana what is allpar
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Lee A on October 30, 2012, 06:25:44 PM
i know they had those but different styles like 741 ot 742 or 489 what were 69 charger if not a dana what is allpar

Start here first, then we'll tell you what Allpar is.  First learn stand, then learn fly, Daniel-San.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

cdr

Quote from: Lee A on October 30, 2012, 06:25:44 PM
could be any of the above
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

vancamp

dana 60 or 8 3/4 the housing is the same on on 8 3/4 rears just the center chunk is different due mainly to the pinion i belive, all were available in a given year or body style

Lee A

You want me to read about punctuation.  Where do it state that I was looking for some schooling in that. I was asking a simple question and if people are going to be smart about it you know what you can kiss!!!!!!! I ask a simple question what are the rearend in the cars over the years. I have been on this site and the old site and it seems over the years people are getting more and more jerky on here, dont get me wrong there are some very nice and excellent people that I dealt with on here but not the terd about punctuation you just mad me hopping mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hows that for punctuation?
You know it may say junior member but i have been on here since 2002 and I thought this was a forum to help not stand up out of work comedians, but thank you hatersaurusrex for your wonderful pearls of wisdom.
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Cooter

Quote from: Lee A on October 31, 2012, 12:52:56 AM
You want me to read about punctuation.  Where do it state that I was looking for some schooling in that. I was asking a simple question and if people are going to be smart about it you know what you can kiss!!!!!!! I ask a simple question what are the rearend in the cars over the years. I have been on this site and the old site and it seems over the years people are getting more and more jerky on here, dont get me wrong there are some very nice and excellent people that I dealt with on here but not the terd about punctuation you just mad me hopping mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hows that for punctuation?
You know it may say junior member but i have been on here since 2002 and I thought this was a forum to help not stand up out of work comedians, but thank you hatersaurusrex for your wonderful pearls of wisdom.

LeeA, you have to realize that ALOT of members here are also on Moparts.com, and there are ALOT of people who while they don't mean any harm, tend to come off like you mentioned above. Smart assed? Maybe, Uncalled for? Maybe.. Enough to cause you heartache? Not....
Just learn to ignore, or simply reply sarcastically that tends to be the choice of many. ME? Well, At least I took the time to explain, and can see why a reply would get that type of response. It's all good brother.  :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Lee, the 69 came with any of the above mention.  741, 742, 489 or Dana.  Same for 68 by the way.  It all depended on the drivetrain in the car.  Allpar.com is one of our mopar encyclopedias.  Tons of info on there. 

Yep there are a few douche nozzles on here and they are vocal but that's their right.  Don't let it bother you too much.  The vast majority of members here are great people and are always willing to help.  I left this site many years ago as well because of a few rotten apples, although back then there was a fight going on pretty much 24/7.  It has gotten better.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

skip68

I thought the 489 case came out in 69?   :shruggy:  The 741 was phased out by 742 and in 69 all three were available.  The 489 phased out the 741 and 742 and by 1973 the 489 was the standard.   :shruggy:  I read that some place. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dino

Quote from: skip68 on October 31, 2012, 12:57:17 PM
I thought the 489 case came out in 69?   :shruggy:  The 741 was phased out by 742 and in 69 all three were available.  The 489 phased out the 741 and 742 and by 1973 the 489 was the standard.   :shruggy:  I read that some place. 

That's possible skip, I don't recall what the deal was with the 68.  Haven't had one in a long time.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lee A

Thank you I only have a few minutes a day to look online and when I saw the comment I felt my time was wasted totally due my job and kids and chores I have maybe 5 minutes to myself. Thank you again
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Back N Black

Quote from: skip68 on October 31, 2012, 12:57:17 PM
Correct the 489 was introduced in 69.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Lee A on October 31, 2012, 12:52:56 AM

Yikes man take it easy.   I didn't mean any real harm, just ribbing you a little.   I apologize, didn't mean to start anything.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70