News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6.1 hemi swap into 1968 Coronet R/T

Started by graybo, January 02, 2016, 11:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

I know some of you have already swapped a 6.1 hemi into a classic B body.  I would like to see some pics and overall information on the swap process if someone has already done the research and build.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Looking to put a 6.1 with the modern 6 speed auto and all electronics into a 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T.  thanks in advance.  John :cheers:

Ghoste

There are a few good threads on this.  I think they are mostly in the engine, transmission forum and the Charger general discussion forum though.  Rolling Thunder is just one of a few members who have done this.

Rolling_Thunder

Threads are out there....   Mopar5150 did a swap including the front / rear suspension, climate control, etc from an SRT8 to a 1968 Charger.

The engine / trans swap is simple these days (no so much when Autodynamics and I did it) --- but the electronics would require a lot of the components from a donor car to be used...    realistically unless you have a complete donor it would be easier to make a standalone harness for the engine / transmission

The transmission will be more complicated because you will need ABS tone ring sensor inputs to regulate the transmission along with some other sensor inputs - if you know some electrical stuff you can simulate the sensor inputs but its almost a can of worms - but it is possible
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip