News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing front end!?

Started by Evolution69, September 23, 2012, 03:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolution69

Hi how hard/easy is it to strip the front end back to the rad support? ie, wings, front grill and lower valance I believe?..

Thank you for your time
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

JB400

Pull your front bumper. Pull your valance after unplugging lights. Pull your grill after unplugging lights and/or vacumn lines.  Pull your hood and then the fenders.  You and a friend can do it in about an hour or 2.   Bag and tag your bolts for easy reassembly.

Ghoste

cdr

the hood can stay on 2nd gens one bolt in each hinge has to come out
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Evolution69

Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

twodko

Bag, tag and lots of pix. Time well spent.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

cdr

Quote from: twodko on September 23, 2012, 05:34:36 PM
Bag, tag and lots of pix. Time well spent.
YES YES TO THIS i made the mistake of not doing this very well :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr